Thursday, October 13, 2011

Mood changes with the weather

As expected, I awoke to a rainy day. We really needed a rain so I can't complain. I don't want things turning brown too quickly. Yesterday DH came home and we took a motorcycle ride into town and had dinner at Masala Jacks, a new burger joint. It wasn't bad, fresh burger and iced tea hit the spot. We then took a ride to the beach and walked along the shore a bit. It was sunny and much too warm for my jacket so I shed that immediately. There were several groups of people hunched over digging in the stones. I wonder if they were looking for mermaid tears? :-) We found a few...

isn't that a cute heart shaped stone? It has rust on it and it is a candidate for a pendant or to be worked in a CQ piece. On the way home I soaked up the sun and breathed in the aroma filled Autumn air. It was refreshing to take a bike ride on such a beautiful afternoon.
I've started to fill my poor little abandoned etsy shop. I put some ciggies and coordinating ribbons together like this set...

Its a start! As soon as I finish a couple projects I will begin making eyeglass cases, change purses, and fun little CQ items....there is a lot of fabrics I want to play with.......... I just had a nice phone conversation with my bud Dawn and I feel like creating!
(Thanks bud)

4 comments:

  1. Oh I can just picture you in your leathers, hair flying out behind you - you little biker girl you. What a romantic day you had. It's turned cold over here we that depressing constant drizzle, which makes you feel like curling up on the sofa and doing nothing! (I didn't, I sorted out my wardrobe putting my summer clothes in storage, and putting my winter clothes in the wardrobe)

    You found some real treasures on the beach didn't you - that heart is a real 'gem' and already rusted for you - it just HAS to be used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a really fun time! I have trouble with my moods when the weather gets all dreary! Hopefully my fabric projects will keep me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see what sweet things you create. Happy making!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Pat, I just wanted to say 'thank you'. My MS has progressed over the last few months and now I can rarely walk. Which makes your beach walks all the more precious to me. You have no idea how much your accounts of you and your Mum's excursions add magic to my days I really look forward to reading all about your adventures. It's probably difficult for you to realise how much effect you have on other peoples' lives, but you are the one who started me on QC, and I will always be grateful to you for that. Take another walk with me soon. Blessings from your invisible but very happy companion. blessings from the UK. luv Lesley

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!