Sunday, October 16, 2011

Gypsy Garden Boho


This morning was rainy so I put on a pot of beef stew and went to work on the other Boho bag in progress. A few hours later the sun came out and it was cool but pretty nice however I decided to finish  stitching on the Boho. I took colors from one of the fabrics in the flap.

 I know the colors are unusual for me to put together but now that I am ready to assemble this bag, and have the backing, trims, and front panel fabric in front of me, I'm thinking it may be my favorite yet. I found the backing fabric with the brick colored leaves and the Bullion fringe at Lemon Creek fabrics.  It is Autumnal and a perfect project for this autumn day. I hope #*? likes it............
For those asking for more pics of the pink Boho I made for Kathy, I don't have more pics so you will have to ask her or watch her blog and she may post some.
Have a great day!

7 comments:

  1. Oh yes - just the most perfect mix of Autumnal colours.

    Sometimes folks interpret Autumn as all shades of brown - but you've included colours of autumn flowers, pumpkins,and the lace reminds of damp cobwebs in the early morning mist. Did you ever collect combwebs on a Y shaped stick whilst walking to school? Collecting a filigree of 'lace draped with diamonds' - Or perhaps not - I'm a lot older than you and we had simple pleasures in those days and a very long walk to school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glorious colors !! It is strange how with each progressive piece we feel that our bigger projects are better than the last!! I feel the same when I finish up another beaded cuff!!! Love this purple and greeny oranges!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colours Pat! This is another beautiful bag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot tell from the photo for sure, but your bag looks very detailed with beads and such? I love it. It's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've outdone yourself, Pat! Love, love, love the colors and selection of fabrics ... especially the rich Scalamandre silk that set your color scheme, the lovely Pre-Raphaelite beauty and that pretty brick leaves backing fabric. Breathtaking, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pooh - clicking on the pic doesn't make it any bigger or clearer but it looks like it will be beautiful when it's done. It does have that gypsy feel to it, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That bag is just plain old divine! The colors are scrumptuous and workmanship excellent.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!