Monday, October 17, 2011

Beautiful old CQ



The first antique shop we stopped at this morning had this beautiful vintage velvet crazy quilt. The price was $725.00. I thought that was a bit steep for this quilt because although it was much more beautiful in person, it only had the usual plain stitches in white and yellow threads. The velvet fabrics were muted and really pretty  but the photo just doesn't capture the beauty. I can imagine the maker was very proud of her accomplishment but wonder how it got away from the family.  Just had to share!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing a picture. I enjoy seeing antique quilts. The price does seem steep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know sometimes we just have to let things go...because of the price..so a photo will have to be our only memory of it after that.
    But isn't the hunt the most fun anyway?

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning, Magpie! ;) So Sorry; Long time; no visits! But I thought of you this weekend when I got to briefly visit and see your beloved sand dunes and lake shore. Oh MY! How beautiful!!!! I kept telling my hubby, "my friend, Magpie" lives around here.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of love in those stitches!

    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never been able to understand how family can let go of such treasures ... but then again, I suppose we don't know the whole story. Hopefully some beautiful soul will purchase the quilt and establish a new family treasure to be passed on. Now ... on to the vintage lace. Did you find wonderful lace goodies to purchase? ((smile))

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!