Saturday, September 17, 2011

Pieces of Friendship puzzle swap

For those interested in swapping out their art shaped like a puzzle piece, you might want to browse and possibly join the Pieces of Friendship group.This is a photo of the first group swap puzzle pieces.  

All of them were sent to me to swap out with participants worldwide. It was amazing to see such diversity. Since then I have set up a yahoo group which you may join using the link on the top left sidebar on the blog, and now each of us make our pieces when we can and put them in an album to be chosen for swapping.

I shared instructions on making a crazy quilted puzzle piece on the blog but you may use any media you wish.
Several of us are currently creating new pieces, including myself. What do you do with them? Well, I began this project to meet other artists worldwide and collect/exchange our art. I framed out a mirror with some of my collected pieces and I also have some hanging in ,y classroom for students to see that crazy quilting can be used in any shaped project. Although I make mine using the crazy quilt method,



I encourage participants to apply their favorite art to each piece. For example, a beader might bead her entire piece like Kathy V,

or possibly felt yours like Marjorie Holme,
 or like mixed media artist Elizabeth Woodford who incorporated her paper fabric method into her pieces.
 It is up to the artist to do whatever she pleases. We write our name, date and state or country on the back and exchange with each other. It is fun to make friendships and to see incredible art in the shape of a puzzle which can be attached together to build a wall hanging as large as you wish just by collecting more.
So if you have time to create small projects now and again, come join us. There is no obligation as to quantity or time allowance. You make and exchange as you please while building friendships.
Hope to see you there.



5 comments:

  1. I very much love this idea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so much fun !! i would encourage anyone to join!! I just wish that I had more time to make some more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat-I am so excited to have won your give away! I need a link to the post that has the prizes on it so I can choose. i can't find an archive here. Please email me.
    ghio@centurytel.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful idea and they look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really admire how you have arranged all your colors, colors in people's art always tells a story.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!