Sunday, September 04, 2011

Peaceful morning strolling the shore....ever changing


When I opened the doors this morning I was greeted by a sweet fragrance filling the air. On the front porch by my swing the Autumn Clematis is climbing the Wisteria and on the back deck it has surrounded a five tiered plant stand....you can imagine the aroma...yum!

It rained most of the night and I planned to go to the beach if it stopped before 6:00 a.m. and it did so I took off as soon as I took Angell out to potty and announce my departure to DH. It was a cool grey morning and I wished I were on my way to pick up mom but that wasn't the case.
There were waves to greet me
along with this little assemblage. As I continued on I noticed that I could see a faint outline of Chicago...click on picture and look in the center area. Mermaid tears began to appear everywhere.... I found a large rare yellow piece... then a blue one! I had to capture this "fort". How creative with the sun dried vegetation as an ornament! The sky to the West looked stormy and I felt a spray of rain but I continued on my journey. The water was warm, the air was cool with a pocket of warmth every now and then and t was just too comfortable to turn back. I roamed for about an hour then turned around to find the sky was getting brighter. I thought this home looked romantic with the path leading from the beach. When I found my way to the top of the hill I just had to snap one more picture of my beloved beach that brings me much pleasure and relaxation. These were my collected treasures for the day...... Amber, Aqua, purple, clear, green, blue, yellow, Yin Yang rock, blue china bits, MOP, crinoids and I even found a penny! Whoo Hoo! I hope you are having a nice Labor Day weekend and if you get an extra day off work, relax and enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. What a peaceful day and wonderful way to spend the long weekend.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous walk and stunning beach and lovely 'finds' thanks for sharing it,I really enjoyed 'being' there with you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly amazing and so peaceful. There is just something about being around water. Great finds. I was told that whenever you find a penney it means someone who has passed on is sending their love. I think of my dad everytime I find one. Enjoy the rest of your day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my autumn clematis is just starting to bloom,it has reseeded all over the place so the whole yard smells great (soon)...your pictures are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful day, with finds too!

    Purple glass is subtle, makes me wonder if it was part of a perfume bottle? Looks like you got someone's tooth too! LOL!

    Your Autumn Clematis, what is it's name?

    Hope you had a great weekend,

    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved your walk on the beach. My new home is midway between two coasts.
    To the north is the Bristol Channel which leads into the Atlantic, and to the south the English Channel and a short hop over to France. I'm about 45minutes from either one.
    Beack walks in winter are my favourite as the rough seas bring in lots of lovely finds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always I enjoyed "our" trip to the beach. Thanks for taking me along.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rob de Vries1:39 PM CDT

    nice story,

    greatings from europe (netherlands)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!