Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Taking a break to blog

The past few weeks I have been working on a special project which I will reveal soon. I thought all was going well until I accidentally deleted it. I've spent the past week redoing it and today I started from the beginning and was pretty pleased with the results until...yep! I deleted it again. What is wrong with me????? I cannot believe this. After I finished early this afternoon I celebrated by taking a swim and soaking up some rays until DH came home. I decided to proof what I had accomplished only to find it wasn't there. Needless to say I needed a break so here I sit venting to you. (sorry) The only thing that kept me from throwing in the towel were the three phone calls I had received from my friends Tish, Jan and Dawn. Thanks ladies, I needed to get my mind away from the studio.

In a few minutes I will start from square one. I will use the protection feature this time! Before I head off to force myself to repeat this project once again, I wanted to share a BOHO bag I started last night. DS called to ask if I could make a green BOHO bag with a sunflower, a request from a coworker for his girlfriend, wife or mother. He had apparently seen them on my blog. I have until the 4th to complete it, no problem. I chose an image of a lady with sunflowers as the focal image and now I am adding silk ribbon embroidered sunflowers. I dyed some trims last night.... Tonight I will finish embellishing and tomorrow I will assemble it. I guess I will try to work on the project again......if you don't hear from me you will know I messed up again and decided to run far far away!

5 comments:

  1. I've sooo done this very thing. Frustrating beyond reason!

    Regardless...LOVE YOUR WORK! Just beautiful!

    xoRebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of a song, Pick myself up, dust myself down and start allover again!
    Just what I did this afternoon when I fell from the 2nd step on the ladders doing my window cleaning!
    Lovely sunny day here too!

    Loving the new BoHo bag!
    Hugs,

    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the green, can't wait to see this bag finished!

    ReplyDelete
  4. JUSt e sure that you use the protection feature!!! this new bag is glorious and the trims are amazing!!! Double check yourself and best of luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Think we have all "done it", when I was in college the one thing they kept say is "save, save, save". So now I generally us "Word" & "save, save,, save"....then transfer my thoughts to wherever I want them to go.

    Sometimes I think that we get so absorbed in what we are writing that we just space "save, it save it, out"

    Sending you lots of "gentle hugs and save, save, save :0)"

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!