Saturday, August 20, 2011

Outdoor fun

Thursday I took mom to choose some flowers for a new flower bed. The owner, Becki, drove us out to the field in the mule.....It was a little hard for mom to get up there but she managed. Mom had fun picking a wide variety of perennials. Becki gave us a flat of purple basil and on the ride home it smelled so good we stopped for a chicken wrap. I would have gotten more pictures but my camera wasn't making a noise and I didn't think it was working at all. I am glad I went ahead and took these two pics. I have no idea why it didn't make noise, the battery was charged...perhaps its time for a new one????
It was too hot to plant when we arrived to her house so I went back after it cooled off a bit. I planted, watered and mulched then buried an electric line for her water fountain. It was dark when I finished and I was exhausted as I drove home. I was hoping for a great nights sleep however Angell was up every hour to go out so that didn't happen. I'm taking her back to the vet next week for some type of solution. SLEEPING PILLS! (for her)

Dawn invited me for a beach walk yesterday morning. It was a cool morning and although I was tired and achy I had a chance to catch up with my friend so off I went. Dawn found the first piece..a greenie! Then she found a big smooth piece... then a long rare crinoid....and here.Then many more pieces after that. I was thrilled to find a blue one..the first of several! We walked very far and had no idea because we chatted non stop.
My treasures for the day! Thanks Dawn!

5 comments:

  1. What are you going to do with these? Your story reminds me of when we were on a Volksmarch in Germany with my then 10-year old twins. We walked right by a nudist colony on a beach. We just kept walking (what can you do?), but my son made the very serious comment "Well Mom, I think I've just seen my first naked woman." lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, what can I say!? Hats off,(or should I say Pants off) to him for having the you know whats to be in public!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great stash of tears and a wonderful friend to enjoy the hunt with!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've obviously not been paying attention to your 'sea glass' posts....What is a crinoid? isit the shape or something else?

    Thankfully I couldn't focus on 'thongman' even after enlarging the pic LOL!

    Great finds on the beach too! (seaglass i meant!)


    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pat,

    Check your camera settings to see if sound is turned off and that is why it isn't making a sound when an image is captured. Some cameras have this feature.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!