Friday, July 15, 2011

Yard sale offering beads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe the deal I got at the yard sale offering beads. I almost didn't go because it was on the other side of Valpo (10 miles,big deal right?) but I did and I'm so glad I did. I asked at the first house where the sale with the beads were and they didn't know so I kept searching and came upon a home with flowers for sale. I walked over to the jewelry table and was disappointed because I only saw beaded jewelry. Then I walked to the back side and gasped. Beads galore! I filled a shoebox in no time. I wasn't adding in my head, just letting my muse select whatever looked interesting. My total? $28.00 for $240.00 worth of beads(original price on packages.) Jaw dropping, and I even left tons more there. The only thing that would have made this better is if a friend would have been with me to share this incredible deal.Seed beads, crystals,MOP,fresh water pearls,chains,etc. How could I not buy them? Many colors I do not have.These fresh water pearls alone were originally marked $15.75. Now to have more wall storage units made...and another wall to put it on! Oh no..............

16 comments:

  1. You really made a killing. You find the best things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had a feeling that it would be a good bead buying day! Congrats on your finds!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Don't you just love a find like that! (-;

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a great find!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pat. Congrats on your great deal. Here in the UK we very rarely have this sort od sale, and NEVER in my area. Anyway, I just wanted to say, I love your Boho bags. Is there any chance of a pattern or instructions in your next mag? I get it as soon as it's published, and can't get enough of it. Even my DH looks at it. He loves all the bright colours! Still, to get him to take an interest just shows how good the mag is.So 'thank you' for all your hard work. Blessings Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!
    I could have been your'friend' if it wasn't the small problem of distance... and you nearly didn't go!
    Lovely selection you have there too.
    Have fun.
    I guess DH has a little job to do for you in your workroom now? LOL!

    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sooooo, sooooo envious. I just took a 3 day class with Nancy Eha and I would love to happen upon such a bonanza. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a find Pat! We have lots of garage sales locally but have yet to see beads so you are one lucky lady. Enjoy your weekend, have a feeling you will be organizing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you snagged terrific deals! Enjoy your new beads ; )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh you lucky ducky, scores like this are what keep us going back!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a score! Oh, my! I wish I'd been there----what luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You scored girlfriend, good for you, am sure we all would have loved to have been there with you. It was meant to be that you were there!! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous3:21 PM CDT

    I am so jealous,great bargain! Went to Tisha's yesterday and saw your great overdyed ribbon,of course I bought some.it is just beautiful.-kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  14. such a wonderous find! Wish I could come upon a slae as that. You iwll put all of them to good use I know.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lucky you! I think we all would have loved to be your friend on this trip..lol.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!