Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Katie's Boho Gatherings bag in progress

I didn't do much all day....cleaned a bit, floated a while, dyed some lace and trim, watched the Talk, and played a game on Facebook for a little while, yes, I joined a garden game and it is fun but I don't live on it like I did playing 6 games.
After DH got home and we ate, I headed up stairs to figure out what I would do for Katie's Boho bag. The lace and trim I dyed was pale pink with a bit of ecru. Katie loves pink and I looked above my cutting table and saw the perfect flap. I felted a pink piece last year and lost it for months. I hung it with the dyed laces hoping I would be inspired to use it on something. Well, the perfect home for it is on Katie's bag.
I will be embellishing the section under the flap with a butterfly, trims, etc then assemble it this evening and I am so happy that I get to mail Nic's and Katie's together. I hated the thought of them receiving a week apart.
Katie is a petite teenager so I made her bag a tiny bit smaller. Still plenty of room for gathering goodies though.
I almost fainted when I took the dyed trim and lace upstairs intending on digging through my fringe to hopefully find something to coordinate and discovering Tish had sent me the perfect tassel trim. It was serendipitous. Again, Thank you Tish :-) I'm off to assemble..have a great evening!

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I especially like the trim that has the " bobbly " things hanging down every so often. It is around your center pc. with the girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aloha Pat,
    Sounds like you had a very relaxing day; just love those kind of days.
    Your boho bag is gorgeous! Such great work you do. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Pat! This bag is wonderful! I love the colors you chose and that pretty tassel trim!
    Have a beautiful day!
    Annamaria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such loveliness all in one spot... these bags are so beautiful...and inspiring too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it when things just come together like these bags.

    Lovely shades of pink and that fringing is perfect!

    Thanks for sharing!

    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful little bag!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely gifts you've created, Pat. Those lucky ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful bags! I hope the recipients really appreciate and love them as I almost know they will. Enjoy seeing all your beautiful work...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous6:56 AM CDT

    beautiful bag,Katie should love it-you keep us inspired. thank you-Kathleen from Michigan

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!