Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Wiped out and Kreinik to the rescue!

A morning at the doctor for a basic checkup/physical turned into a wasted day. When I returned home three hours later I was exhausted and did nothing but lay in my comfy chair and yawn. I felt worthless and couldn't focus on anything and was drained of energy. Perhaps it was a day of rest I needed but I sure felt useless. I'm not one to run to the doctor for anything less than a torn open knee or cracked skull (really) unless it is for a family member or friend so it was grueling and stressful...hence the exhaustion. (alright, so I exaggerate a little but I don't lie, I embellish!)

Anyway, around 10:00 last night I was fidgety and couldn't sleep so I gathered my Kreinik threads and set to work on another Hot Wire Dragonfly which I had forgotten to make for a friend. I used the 026W med braid and 012L blending filament to feather stitch the wing veins.The beads are from my friend Amber Dawn and are AB finish acrylic and make it lighter which is nice for a brooch or embellishment. The head is a heart shaped sew on rhinestone from Michaels crafts.
You may buy Hot Wire on the Kreinik site at this link http://www.kreinik.com/kshop/product.php?productid=17207&cat=290&page=1
What is Hot Wire? Kreinik Hot-Wire is a wired metallic thread that are the same size as Medium #16 Braid — the perfect weight for sparkle and dimension.
These are so simple and can be used as a brooch, CQ or art embellishment, home decor item (curtain draw backs), etc. You can make them any size. My samples are larger for brooches so you get an idea of how they are constructed. Tutorial HERE.

Yes, that is all I've accomplished.......hopefully today will be more fruitful, it sure looks beautiful out and is nice and cool. Enjoy your day!

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:17 AM CDT

    Love it,I had purchased some hotwire from Tisha and still need to use it,been babysitting grandkids (3years and 1 year old) and not sewing,maybe later today....kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty. At the risk of sounding like a beginner, which I am, what is "hotwire"? And what are the wings made of? (the part you stitched on)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Help, where do you buy Kreinik hot-wire? I have searched on line etc. and can't find it.

    Love your dragonfly.
    Thank you
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  4. So know how you feel after returning from the docs. Sometimes you just want to say, no more. Still, you found a great creative outlet and we are so glad that your shared. Sea Witch

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pat, I'm with you. Dr.s appt.s are exhausting and I don't run to one any too often either. Just the basics and other than that, severe bleeding or broken bones must be involved or no go!

    Your dragonfly is gorgeous! But isn't everything you do? Your work never ceases to amaze me.

    Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's your idea of doing nothing?LOL! I wish then that I could do nothing at least half as good as you!
    It is beautiful and purple too!

    Hope your energy comes back soon.
    I have a medical assessment on Friday, not looking forward to that at all!

    Take care,

    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love your dragonfly. Don't you want to do a tutorial?????

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aloha Pat,
    Beautiful dragonfly! Hmmm, I'll have to try some Hotwire. TFS & warm hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! Love the purple dragonfly. You can buy the Kreinik Hot-Wire through www.kreinikmall.com if you don't have a needlework store near you. Kreinik also has a Store Locator listing on www.kreinik.com.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!