Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Too cute! Purple on my mind........

Sunday I walked around snapping pictures of all the newest blooming purple flowers. The Clematis on the front porch..........
....the Siberian Iris in the new front walk garden....

....and the Blue-Eyed grass (so dainty).... love this! I wanted to share a few signs I found at Marshalls last week. They hang by my mermaid tear corner upstairs. I am starting to rethink blue....a pale Robin Egg Blue bedroom? Hmmmmmm. Perhaps it is time for a change? I did fall in love with the pale blue walls and quilt on page 62 of the new Romantic Homes magazine which arrived yesterday. It does look more simplified than what I have and I'm all about simplifying right now! Clean...crisp...fresh! Leave the encrusted,embellishments to my crazy quilting muse. I forgot...I also made Blueberry Streusel muffins this morning!

Yesterday I also received a goodie box from a gal who is in big trouble! Tisha....you have me tongue tied. I had to share this adorable scissor fob. Isn't she the cutest? A tiny porcelain doll with Lilac dress attached to a purple tassel with purple AB Swarovski crystals and tiny bee charms on one end and a beautiful purple pair of scissors with purple sheath on the other. I want to put her in my pocket and carry her around with me. She reminds me of a frozen Charlotte. If that doesn't make you smile when you sit down to stitch, I don't know what will. That is exactly how I spent my evening...stitching each of us a "Girlfriend" water bottle carrier for the LA trip. I hope to finish them in a few days and pack them so I don't leave them behind. I put a dragonfly on each of them from Flights of Fancy....which reminds me that I need to order more. The Pink one is for my little niece Katy, Nicole likes blue, the Aqua is for Dawn, and of course I get the purple because ,"I make my own rules!) LOL yeah right~We must have water with all the walking we will be doing. I booked our room yesterday at the Biltmore which looks amazing. It will be a nice place to relax after walking our behinds off. I can't wait to experience this adventure. Time to get busy...clock is ticking! Have a great day!!!

6 comments:

  1. I love your purple pics! I was feeling sorry for myself, because we have no color in the yard yet. Dave's been too busy to garden (my job is to sit on the porch and watch him!). Then I remembered my beautiful wild violets, my last surviving iris, and the wisteria vines in the back yard. Sometimes I just need someone to prod me in the right direction. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flowers, yummy muffins, lovely presents, pretty water bottle carriers for an upcoming adventure... what more could a girl wish for? :))) Sounds like a great day to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was very happy to see your purple pictures - it (and blue) are my favourite colours. The scissor keep is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting a photo of your blue-eyed grass. I mowed around some in my lawn the other day. Had no idea what it was, other than "pretty". My lawn was planted with clovers and low-water grasses, so it's been interesting seeing what we have come up this spring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Dear Pat all that purple in your garden looks so divine - if only I could do a lovely garden walk in your garden with you and then sit on your verandah sharing one of your beautiful muffins - that would be such a treat!
    Wishing you some happy times in your beautiful garden!
    Suzy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know, Pat, between you and Celestina Maria baking yummies this morning...you're both making my mouth water! Don't you think I should at least make French toast if I'm too lazy to get all the baking things out? Something sweet would be nice!
    Have a wonderful weekend! I am loving the magazine once again!
    Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!