Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Part two ...LA trip



Good morning! Needless to say, the Biltmore is a beautiful hotel. We were greeted with smiling doormen and a lovely lobby. I had to snap some pics the next morning. Amazing detail everywhere you looked. From the gorgeous ceiling that resembled a quilt...


To the carved marble images and the Biltmore emblem woven into the carpets. We studied the huge photo mural in the front hall and imagined what it would have been like mingling with the old movie stars such as Clark Gable, Bette Davis, and so on. It must have been a magical time.Before Nicole arrived we strolled the sidewalk and I had to get a few pics of the beautiful architecture as we made our way to Starbucks on the corner. Dawn saying good morning to her hubby Don. These purple flowering trees were everywhere! Heaven!!!! Nicole arrived to continue our fabric district journey. The gals got to pick out the trim for their Boho bags I plan on creating for them. My favorite bead shop was Bohemian Crystals. They had large bags of seed beads for $1.50 each. I was overwhelmed at the time but now wish I would have taken advantage of that a bit more. I guess we will have to return in the Fall!When I receive the photos from Dawn I will post more. Next post will be the Rose Bowl flea market....


5 comments:

  1. It looks like you had an awesome time! I admit I had to laugh after fully reading a couple more of the posts about your trip.. I got so excited because I thought you came to NC to see the Biltmore and I was saying, "Where is that fabric district at????" I already had the name of the shop pasted and about to copy it into a search. LOL

    I just have to get over my fear of flying or just get in the car for a LONG journey! :)

    I want to go to CA one of these days! Nicki has my mouth watering with all of the stories she has told about her fabulous shopping trips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this looks fun. Were you in L.A. for all these places? (At first I thought it was NYC, as we have a garment district and a Biltmore here, too, but then I saw LAX.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing hotel and that Boho bead shop!!! WOW!
    Hugs,
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to go to that bead shop too!

    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Biltmore looks gorgeous! So much detail. That bead shop looks great too. They would have probably had to drag me out kicking and screaming from that place ~ lol. It would be so great to have a place like that nearby. Thanks so much for sharing your adventure. Connie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!