Sunday, May 15, 2011

We have a winner!


Jane in MO said it was the trunk of a Palm tree and she is correct! I know because when I was in Florida one year I bought mom two potted Palm trees for her deck and they both eventually died and this is what they looked like. They get top heavy and lean over but continue to grow distorting them to look like the ugly thing above.
Loved the answers and the old boot was quite an unusual guess and made me look at it in another way. It would have been cool if it were an old corset, it would have come home with me. Matilda would have loved it!
One of the homes along the lake must have tossed it in the water. I once found a sturgeon while walking with mom and it looked like a prehistoric creature. We both studied it for a while in awe of its teeth and shape. There are weird things that was ashore, even a $10.00 bill!

Jane of MO, I need your snail mail please. Thank you all for playing, I will be having a blog follower giveaway soon..no answers, just be a follower! I appreciate you checking in on my little corner of the world :-)

(Jane, my addy is angell100@comcast.net)

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Jane. It is an interesting object!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow good guess I had no idea what this was. It looked so gross I could not imagine what the heck it was! Good job Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I don't think I ever saw a real palm tree...are you sure its not a cactus ~lol~
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Jane!
    I nearly said palm tree but, thought na, too obvious LOL!

    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice job Jane. When I first looked at the pic I thought it looked like a tale of a dolphin or whale covered in sand lol. I really do need to get to the eye doctor!

    Ann Flowers

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!