Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Monkey see..monkey do! You won't believe this.

I just had a good laugh and phoned DH. I took Angell out to potty and spotted something white and figured it was the cat who adopted us. Well, it wasn't. I ran in to get my camera because I knew you would not believe who I found in the old wooden green flower box in the garden. Not the cat and kitten, but a "poser". This Opossum is in the same position as the cat, and I thought it was a hard uncomfortable box! This is just too funny. What a copy-Opossum?It is actually going back to sleep. Apparently I am not a threat. The blurry picture reveals that I am ready to run if it begins to stir. They can be mean little things.

My nickname was "Elly Mae," after the Beverly Hillbilly's daughter because I rescued creatures great and small, some that didn't even need rescuing if you catch my drift? However, this species never interested me. Enjoy your rest Mr/Mrs Opossum. I've got to get busy.

12 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!! You have given me my laugh for the morning!! What a surprise that must have been!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the cutest thing! I want one of those magic boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat you could start charging rent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very funny, especially after the cats

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute little visitor and how content and relaxed it looks in that box! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so funny-I'm suprised the smell of the cats didn't scare him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My guess would be that you may very well have some little opossums to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:44 PM CDT

    That made me laugh, Ellie-May!
    Does LOOK cute though!

    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your garden must be very inviting Pat, love your nickname too, LOL. EM was always my favourite character on that show, such a sweet and caring person. We've had a visiting pet white rabbit here, escaped no doubt from a nearby yard, not as interesting as yours though.
    Hooroo from Sydney Australia
    Christine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. your garden must be a safe, peaceful comforting place !
    we used to have an opossum who would come back spring after spring to have her babies in the same flowerpot, on our back porch. you would know she was there when, one day, you would go to take the trash out, only to be hissed at from under the table the pot lived under!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My husband says you have your own time-share!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!