Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Is it Summer already?

It has been in the 40's and low 50's around here so when the weather man said 80's I shrugged it off but he was right. Yesterday it was 91 degrees and humid as a hothouse. Whew! I made an early and quick trip to the beach but forgot my camera. It was windy but felt very tropical so I stayed a while.

I spent the rest of the day putting final touches on the magazine and perming my MIL's hair.

It is supposed to be another warm day so I'm going to grab my Nano and take a bike ride through the country before it is sweltering and my violet bike wilts :-)I love to see the flowers blooming along the road. Next month the roadside roses should be scenting my journey. That aroma takes me back to when I had my first bike, a pink and white Schwinn with a white wicker basket on the front handlebars. I would ride forever and stop now and then to pick rose buds to string together with dads fishing line for a necklace for my dolls. The roses scent was so strong back then. Well, I had better high tail it out of here before my journey only takes me further down memory lane. Enjoy your day and if you are in my area, stay cool!

7 comments:

  1. If you didn't have your camera, who took your picture? LOL!

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait for the new magazine - I'm already exercising my paypal finger so I can order one right away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun photos! Your violets bike is amazing ;) Have a great day! ~ Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky girl. We did make it to 60 yesterday!!! No snow and I hope it stays that way. Thanks for the Mothers Day card. I will be celebrating in a week or two after my sons arm heals up. He hurt his shoulder and was in so much pain that I put off our plans for beach walking til he healed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm envious...beach walks and bike rides and scented blossoms! Love your pics in this post too. They're perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's really hot here too - what a switch from the chill, as you mentioned! Love the bathing suit, btw:) Hope you enjoyed your bike ride!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My first bike was just like yours I bet. It was red. My brother and me each got one on his 6th birthday. They were $100 each and I really dont' know how dad saved enough to buy them. The wage then was $100 a week. And he didn't believe in credit.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!