Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Rainy weather..playing with Photoshop

I know everyone is sick of the rain around here but I have been so busy getting loose ends wrapped up that the rain has made no difference in my life. I know my garden is smiling and drinking it all in as flowers continue to shoot through the earth. Poppy leaves are a foot high and the Iris are right behind them.
I want to shop for new perennials, dig without gloves with both hands, spread mulch, transplant a few things, sip tea under the Forsythia, swing on the hammock with Angell, go for a long bike ride through the country,well, you get the idea....I want to play outside!

For now all I can do with flowers is to play in Photoshop, which I did this evening.
This is Flora....
This is my neighbor/friend Karen who just lays around all day doing nothing as you can see...
LOL. Actually I was doing a little editing for her over the weekend and thought she would enjoy this image since she is such a busy gal and doesn't get to loaf often. Perhaps this will be a reminder for her to take time off now and then :-) Adding heads to vintage images is a great way to practice editing. I really stink at it now but I sure am having fun. I think it is time to play around with Laney's head..................
Starting a new project tomorrow! Will share soon.

6 comments:

  1. Hi dear Pat,
    I love your flora...living among her beautiful flowers--and your friend seem happy-and glad that "you put her" to rest a bit, there in the swing.
    I wish I had photoshop--but I don`t--and I wonder if I could find time to use( learn ) it :)
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice article. Very impressive :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat, so fun and so clever! Photoshop can be so addictive. Is the hammock postcard an one that can be found online, or one of your personal stash? I searced for vintage hammock images for a project last week, to no avail. Your floral image is beautiful! ~ Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to play with digital stuff when it is raining - always good creative time. Karen looks very relaxed indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful woman in flowers Pat! Hope all is fine with you and as I can see you are as always in a creative mood ;-)
    Blessings,
    Ingeborg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pat
    Just dropping in to say "HI"! Well done on your image of photoshop. Which version do you have. Am considering to purchase! Just love that image of Karen!
    Hugs,
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!