Friday, April 01, 2011

Pouch finished

The pouch I made using the new Kreinik metallic braid colors just needs a chain or neck cord. Yes, I'm leaving an empty seam,(bottom blue velvet is a small pond in the garden).
In an earlier post I mentioned I was spending the day creating something using Kreinik threads in memory of the Kreinik founder, Jerry Kreinik who passed last week. I used the image of the angel playing the violin to a nest of birds in a garden because it seemed appropriate being that it is springtime. The dragonfly, although a national symbol for friendship, represent fond memory to me. A piece of vintage tatting from days gone by, muted colors for a sense of calm and peace. All seams were stitched in the new colors of Kreinik metallic fine braids. I used a beaded rope trim that accents the muted colors in this piece to trim it out. Just something to share today before I head out to run errands. It is a bright sunny but cold 25 degree day which is fine with me.
Have a great day!

11 comments:

  1. Pat, your pouch is just serenely beautiful. A feast for the eyes. Thank you for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat, it's beautiful. I'll be looking out for the new braids. I don't care for the blending filaments at all - so delicate, tangly and breakable. But I do love using the braids!
    Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is so lovely...well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful! I don't do crazy quilting, but I do embroidery and I've just posted a piece on my blog. Would love for you to come take a look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's gorgeous Pat!

    Hugs,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful creation!
    The colours are easy on the eye, quite restful which, I guess is very appropriate.
    Thanks for sharing.

    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous my friend. Gorgeous~

    xoRebecca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that braid, that beading and that stitching - it's all so beautiful!
    Hugs, Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pat this is a lovely pouch you have made to honor the founder of Kreinik threads that add so much beauty to handwork. Hope you are enjoying your weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pat,
    This is so very very beautiful!!!

    blessings
    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another beautiful creation to be admired by all - what a sweet and delicate pouch.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!