Friday, April 15, 2011

Gifts from friends.........

As soon as I posted earlier our electricity went off. The wind is really blowing hard and I'm sure a limb or possibly a tree had fallen on a line. The repair men were right on it just a few minutes after I reported it. So...back in business to share the pretties with you with even more because the mail lady delivered more and wait until you see how two great minds think alike.

Yesterday I returned home from mom's and a package from Shannon Bolanowski of "Sweet Inspirations". Now let me tell you something, if you are a crazy quilter/fiber artist, lace lover, and haven't been to Shannon's etsy shop, grab a cup of tea and get comfy because you are in for a beautiful shopping experience. Just a heads up, Shannon will have a few of her creations in the June issue of Crazy Quilt Gatherings magazine :-)
This incredible bounty is from Shannon. A sampling of her hand dyed lace. That paisley piece is more beautiful in person and the cream is amazingly delicate. I almost fainted when I saw the 4 fluted flowers from Bead Haven in Michigan. I drooled over them when I visited last month with Vernita.
I've never seen anything as exquisite as the purple foil back flowers in the lower right corner. Shannon just didn't know when to stop....printed images of vintage girls,(ciggies), tiny light purple rose montees, yummy sequins, and those treasured dragonfly charms, sparkly purple haze bicones, trim I've never seen before....all wrapped in a sweet bag printed with adorable vintage girls and tied with reusable seam binding. You can imagine that I can hardly wait to play with this generous bundle of bliss. Shannon, thank you for your thoughtfulness, generosity and considerate gifts. I can see you took such thought gathering goodies for me. I'm still fondling everything :-)

Without having time to recover from yesterday's surprise, today two packages arrived from my dear friend Jan Obertein, also from Michigan. The first box held a dragonfly door knocker wrapped in beautiful fabrics for crazy quilting and pretty trims including a delicate piece of tatting!
The second box had these beautiful Susan Clarke buttons/charms, lace and more trims and a very special handmade card.
Earlier I mentioned great minds think alike because both Shannon and Jan wrapped the treasures in the same sweet printed gift bags and both included a cream and purple floral trim which I haven't' seen before.
They will laugh when I tell them.

Last week I was seeking out someone to make machine embroidered dragonflies similar to some I enjoyed adding to my CQ projects. I received several replies and today an envel
ope arrived with these two beauties.
They were made by Mary Schuberg of CT. They are more beautiful than I could have hoped for. The perfect size too. Thank you Mary! I will be contacting you soon.

I must stop blogging because I have no idea why my words are underlined. I can't seem to get rid of it?????????????
Thank you ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!



7 comments:

  1. Oh, you've received such heart warming, wonderful presents! I can't wait to see the results of your "playing" with them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All are beautiful but I especially love the dragonflies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful goodies. I especially love those buttons. The hand dyed lace is stunning.

    I'm glad the dragonflies are satisfactory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:33 PM CDT

    Hi Pat...Awe your post made me ~blush~ and laugh right outloud..that is too funny about Jan and I and our trim and the little bags ;)I guess we were both thinking of you at the same time perhaps? I loved the little tea pots charms..so sweet..I really need to make that trip to Tishas soon! Thankyou for your kind words.. and I can't wait to see what you create , Warm Regards, Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lucky you are to have such wonderful and generous friends. I agree that those dragonflies are just lovely. what a great day for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank God for snail mail, huh. Great stuff. I was wondering if you had heard that Trade Winds is closing.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, just lovely! I really liked the dragonflies too!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!