Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Finished a project that can be shared!!!!

This morning I sat down with a pot of Oolong tea and actually finished a project that can be shared. I love the image of this young lady and as you know, images are what inspires my work so I just had to get my hands busy using her beautiful image. The lace on her cap and dress and the rosy cheeks and the detail on her face is easy to inspire any project. Naturally her dress has a dusty grape/plum color under the lace so I chose that as one of the fabric color choices along with a green, yellow/gold, and bits of pink.

I l0ve the backing fabric which is a textured grape tone on tone Brocade and the lining is a purple designer silk taffeta which should be easy to wipe clean if soiled. I'm trying to talk myself out of keeping this one. I actually ove everything about it. I'll decide when I finish because of the supplies I used were pricier than usual, I will have to price it accordingly if I list it in etsy.

I don't know about you but it seems every time I reorder supplies the price has increased along with postage...argh! Buying hand made items are becoming quite a luxury item...perhaps they should be?????I have named this purse, "SPRING MAIDEN", because of the flowers popping up everywhere around her which is what my garden is doing at the moment. I layered some of my favorite delicate vintage laces over fabrics for a softer aged effect. I was going to let her stand alone in her beauty but at the last moment I thought being surrounded by flowers, certainly a rose must end up tucked under her cap, so a soft old rose ribbon was used for the Fargo Rose. I am using a nice antique looking clasp from Bag Lady for the closure. I'm not sure if I will add a chain or not.
Anyway, here it is almost finished, "Spring Maiden".
I'm off to assemble and bead on the clasp. Tomorrow I'm running with Laney and I'd like to have this completed. We are going to enjoy the day with no set plan so I have no idea what we will get into! More gifties from sweet friends to share tomorrow.
Enjoy your day/evening.



14 comments:

  1. It's beautiful Pat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is absolutely gorgeous and I think it is definitely a "keeper."

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right Pat (re pricing). They are works of art.If you had put the same amount of time into say a painting it would be priced as a work of art.
    This is such a delicate, sweet piece of loveliness. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always a good day when you post another of your gorgeous creations for me to enjoy! This one is absolutely divine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is absolutely lovely and just love those colors.

    Pierrette =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is beautiful, I love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this one. I'm always amazed at how quickly you "whip" these up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous this bag, the work of embellishment is incredible, and colors is delicious!
    In France also the purchase of the material is expensive, that is why I often buy from attic sales, and it is in more a pleasure to work with the antique material.
    As you I consider certain textile works as oeuvres of art, and they should deserve this price.

    Happy quilt and quilting Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Pat, This is a very beautiful purse with a lovely name. The ciggie is really pretty and your choice of colours and embellishment is spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a magical fairy in each of your fingers Pat. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Pat, I love the purse, I always love the colours you use, you must have a good eye for colour. I have some of these ball clasp purse tops to use but I have no idea where to start is there a pattern you can recommend.
    Jillx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you ladies for such kind comments. "Magical Fairies"? I like that WIlla...wish it were true :-)
    Hugs to all,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic! Perfect! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!