Sunday, March 06, 2011

A few projects

This first piece is a pouch/swing purse I started a while back and misplaced it. I was so happy to have found it last week hidden in my black fabric drawer????? I finished it for someone who loves Halloween and witches. It is just a fun thing she could use while attending a party to hold her "eye of newt" or put in her collection of Halloween stuff. I used the Kreinik hologram thread to decorate the skirt. The sparkle was just right. The upper left corner has a metallic trim with AB crystals that sparkle various colors although it doesn't show up in the photo. That was from the bridal section at Vogue fabrics in Evanston, IL. The black cat sequin is from Cartwright sequins. Love that company! I secured the sequin with the bright orange petite beads.This next item is a little coin purse with one of my favorite purple hat ladies. I added one of the tatted butterflies from my friend in Singapore, Wendy Shu. She is a talented tatter and has shared numerous pieces of her work with me through the years. The silver tone clasp is from Bag lady.

Newbie's~ If you look closely you will see missing sequins at the bottom right. This is because I don't add beads and sequins to the outer edges until after the piece is sewn to prevent breaking a needle.

For those who enjoyed the first issue of Crazy Quilt Gatherings magazine, wait until you open the next issue. Continued fun and inspiration is all I'm saying!

I had better get busy....enjoy your Sunday!

9 comments:

  1. Pat your trip will be wonderful and you shall have a fabulous time teaching and stash shopping. Your Halloween bag is just too darn cute. Love the little blue coin purse. Safe travels and looking forward to hearing all about everything...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog!I have been following you for a while now,please visit my blog too!

    www.jewellerybijou.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pat...I'm sure you will do that tour and teaching "on your head". Just remember how gifted you are! Everybody will look after you really well I feel sure and just think of the fun you will have. Your black bag is gorgeous so too the little purse!
    Big Hugs, Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes to above Pat.It is always hard to step out of our places of comfort, but think of the experiences you are going to have, the fun, the stories, the memories...Before I went teaching I was so shy it was hard just walking into a crowded room, let alones (shudder) teach!
    You will be astounded at what you can do!And it will get easier.It's always worth a bit of discomfort beforehand.Go Pat!!!!....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cute halloween bag it would be great for any sweet little witch. And your coin purse's are my favorite. I too like the lady you used. I know in my heart you will have no problems while away to teach your craft. Your going to have so much fun! enjoy you deserve it. Hugs Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pat you hardly resemble a wart in any way,shape or form ~ lol! You will have the time of your life! We will all send happy, peaceful thought your way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure everything will go swimmingly while you're gone and I know for sure that you will have so much fun while you're away that you won't have time to worry. Your little black cat is too cute to be scary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy teaching your class and stash shopping. I am sure you will be enjoying yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Patty Derobertis7:12 PM CDT

    I have so enjoyed the Gathering magazine, no fair to tease about the next issue as I'm breathly waiting. thanks so much for all your sharing as I am new at this and love all your projects. Patty

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!