Saturday, February 05, 2011

Been sewing again....

Yesterday afternoon I got the creative bug again and hopped off to the studio to find something to make. About an hour later I came out with two things to embellish. First I pieced this little coin purse. The inspiration behind this was the kittens eyes. They are turquoise, so I gathered turquoise fabric and a touch of pink to compliment the rose then tossed in my third color, cream. I had to work in a piece of vintage lace in the top right corner and a glass cat bead I had forgotten I had.

Next I chose an image of an adorable little vintage girl sporting a red and white stripe tee, red hat and she is holding a toy sail boat.I rarely work with red but this was too tempting. The vintage crochet trim reminded me of shells so it had to be a part of this little pouch amulet. I am off to bead the top and add some beads and dangle a few tiny seashells along the bottom. I hope you are having a creative day!

10 comments:

  1. Oh...the one in the red really makes my heart soar! I LOVE it, Pat! Just beautiful...everything about it! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just adore the kitty pouch!! Will we be seeing it on your Etsy site??

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both so cute! I got some silk photo fabric recently to try my hand at silkies. Some day. I need to be independently wealthy so that I can pursue everything I want to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the kitty pouch. Love the turquoise color..beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both lovely. I am surprised to see you work in red however it does look very fabulous. Happy February Hearts...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love the little Kitty pouch!But i am partial to kitties. Of course everything you do is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty the kitten is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How do you manage to get so much done? I have all day at my disposal, but don't get a fraction of what you do, done. I love the kitty purse, but I love cats, so that's a foregone conclusion. Hope your Mum is continuing to improve. Blessings Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pat, I've been thinking about you - what with the blizzard and the new magazine. I know you got socked with snow in your area! Looks like you have been stitching away undaunted by what's been going on outside your windows!

    I know what you mean by never knowing what your finished project is going to be. I don't even go to my stash with a pre-conceived idea either. I just start pulling and matching and whatever happens, happens.

    Keep warm because I think there's another one on the way! No February thaw in the works, I think! ;-)

    Hugs!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pat, gorgeous! Love the kitty but you probably already knew that I would!

    Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!