Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Mauve crazy quilted coin purse necklace and mail

I made another coin purse necklace last yesterday. We were having a snowstorm so I stayed in and stitched. This little creation was my result of a day of cleaning, cooking and sewing... It is a tiny bit larger than the blue one and has a gold-tone Baglady clasp. I decided to put chains on both instead of cords. Both are for sale in my etsy shop.
My dear New Zealand friend Andrea Beacroft sent me a cheerful cloth Holiday card last week. It is surrounded by lace and has a sweet greeting on the back. Thank you so much Andrea, it will remain among my treasured Christmas decorations and hung on my tree each year.

Another dear friend, Pam Kellogg sent a felted snowman brooch to mom and me last week as well. They are so sweet and we both have them on our coats.
Thank you for thinking of us both Pam. Mom really got a kick out of her brooch.
Mom is always delighted and surprised when I have something to share with her from my blogging and stitching friends. I too am touched when something is slipped in for mom. Bloggers are so thoughtful and generous.

I am soon to approach 400 followers and when I do there will be a giveaway of something hand made. I am honored to have followers and each of you are special to me and I am glad you enjoy what I have to offer. Thank you for making my days brighter.

DH is running errands and I am about to do a little felting project. I hope you are enjoying your day and are out of the winter weather.

18 comments:

  1. I love them both, especially the blue one. You are having snow and I am in a monsoon with flooding all around. Lots of roads gone and people cut off. I am safe where I am but just down the road people are suffering. Now they are calling for snow. We had a foot at Thanksgiving now it's in the 50's. Crazy weather. Stay warm and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breathtakingly gorgeous my VERY talented friend!

    I absolutely LOVE IT!

    xo~Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! I have been a fan of yours for a while now and am so inspired to give crazy quilting a try every time you post something new. xoxo

    Merry Christmas!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty face and surrounded in shades of pink. Your coin purse is very sweet and neat Pat.
    Gorgeous work! I am also making purses of a different sort! Fancy being snowed in - well being surrounded by snow. Looking out into my garden here the sun is creating the most beautiful dappled light through the climbing roses. I'll soon have to post some Summer blissful colour from my garden with so many shades of pink and apricot and purple - it is great that we all get a turn of the seasons like this.
    Hugs, Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your work it's from a bygone age, so beautiful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aren't you going to have fun wearing the brooch with your mom. Pam is so thoughtful.

    Love the mauve coin purse. The ciggie image is so appropriate and your CQ is exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am loving the coin purses -- the shape of them is so great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the purses and colors. So sweet are the little brooches and kind to have friends that care. Have fun and stay warm, Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love, love the pink purse. Are you under snow? I hear Upper Indiana got alot. Drive carfully. The city isn't plowing in town much because of money this year.
    Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Pat, love your coin purse! Your work is always stunning! Glad you and your mom are enjoying the brooches. It's always nice to receive a surprise!

    Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Pam I love your coin purse it would be lovely for an evening out you do such wonderful work and I enjoy viewing every piece. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. You sure can make the bags fast. I sure like your blog,everyday. I have started the to work, with the supply I won from you. will stich, then not sure what to do with it . I make small cards but want to try something different.I did it sq. I sure like this crazy quilts it is the only thing I do with the word quilt in it.Will be back.Laura

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely little purse that is sure to receive lots of attention and praise when ever it is worn. Love the brooches for you and Mom, Pam shared one with me as well. I so admire the creations you and Pam make!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very beautiful, and how sweet your friends sent those brooches and the card! I always love the handmade things! Merry Christmas to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely gorgeous little purses! Your talents are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You crazy quilting is abosutley stunning - blows me away - and how you get time to cook and clean too amazes me.

    Snow here too - brrr

    ReplyDelete
  17. That purse is so pretty. How did you put pearls along the clasp?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!