Monday, December 27, 2010

A little felted brooch

I finished another little felted brooch today. The image of the two vintage girls posing as angels were irresistible and I had to make something with it. I attached a little silver locked so the new owner could personalize it. I added some lavender buds between the layers for a sweet surprise. Just squeeze and enjoy the relaxing scent.

I spent the morning shopping with mom. Part of her Christmas gift was a clothing shopping spree. She lost over 30 pounds during her surgery ordeal. Her clothes hung on her like rags. Now she is looking and feeling really spiffy. After a quick lunch we headed home with the sun shining brightly and smiles on our faces.
Tomorrow I finish the rental painting then have a break for a week before starting the next. After painting is finished all my attention will be focused on an exciting project for crazy quilters to be released in the spring...no, it isn't a book just yet!

10 comments:

  1. Delightful!

    DD + I out shopping for awhile, too. Thought the bargains were great + lines not too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your newest felted brooch is lovely. How wonderful you and mom got to enjoy some shopping together. Happy week to you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh...lavender! You make such pretty things, so feminine and lovely! I lost 23 pounds these past few months and it has been fun to get a few new clothes...and reach into the back of the closet and wear some things that had been too snug! Give your mother a hug for me! I'm glad she's treating herself to some new things! Hugs! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Brooch Pat!!! love that color blue!!
    So glad that yo ahd some fun shopping time with your Mum and that she is feeling so much better!!! Happy Happy New year Dear girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's lovely to do some of the usual things with your Mom.New clothes will lift her morale enormously! Good on you for being a caring daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy new creation! Love the colors! So glad you and your mom got out and enjoyed the day shopping. New project? Do tell!!! ~ Angela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Pat,
    I love your latest brooch the colours are wonderful,
    It is so nice to hear your Mom is enjoying life to the full again & wish her good luck with her new figure the lucky lady LOL

    Hugs to you both
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, as usual!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a brilliant ides putting Lavender buds between the layers of your pretty little brooch!

    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG Pat! That is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!