Thursday, December 16, 2010

Laura Q

For the felted brooches I used a felt backing piece then I placed the image in the center and felted it down with wool roving, around all edges. Next I layered some lace or cheesecloth and felted that with wool roving. Then I embellished with silk ribbon embroidered Fargo roses, some petite beads, and sequins. Sew on any lace before adding back felt piece. I trimmed around the edge, added a pin back to a felt backing piece and sewed around the edges to cover back of felting. Hope this makes sense Laura.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Laura,
    Thanks for asking and Pat thanks for answering. We all learned something here!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Pat I will be making some for some pillows. Your work is so very pretty. After the holiday I plan to do some more crazy quilts.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!