Wednesday, December 22, 2010

It can't get any busier and gifts and cards from sweet blogging friends

As you may have noticed, I haven't been blogging much. I'm sure you think I'm busy cooking,cleaning and shopping for Christmas...yes, I have been, but I have also been painting another rental for my MIL. It seems we will have two vacancies so I will have another to paint in Jan. Crazy time of year to have this on my plate but I am somehow getting it all accomplished. My main shopping was finished yesterday with mom and everything is wrapped and under the tree. I have some things to send to friends however they will be for New Year gifts instead of Christmas.

In the mean time I wanted to share some of the wonderful surprises from my blogging friends....
but first~A warm hug to Diane,Mary Anne, Terri, Judith, and Freda, for your friendship, thoughtfulness and generosity~

Last week I received a package from my friend, Mary Anne from Canada. It was filled with a pretty quilt card, pretty fabrics, snowflake sequins,charms and fun stash items to play with.I've already used some snowflake sequins on felted brooches. They are so delicate. Thank you so much for the Christmas surprise Mary Anne!

Diane Knott sent the most wonderful array of hand made gift tags. This is just a few of them...so cute with buttons.beautiful kimono fabrics (gasp)and one of her sweet embellished brooches. Each item was packaged so nicely I hated to disturb anything.Gosh Diane I just love everything! I can't wait to play with those fabrics. Thanks so much for your thoughtful gifts.
One of my first online friends from New Zealand, Judith surprised me with a beautiful card, a sweet vintage embroidered doily and a dragonfly brooch and ornament. The package was tied up with yards of tea dyed seam binding. Thank you Judith for thinking of me...I will wear the brooch on Christmas and be thinking of you as I often do.The next surprise package was from Terri . An explosion of colorful gifts, I didn't know where to begin so I dumped the contents of the box onto the table and decided not to open until Christmas....yes it will be hard but it will be fun to open each one under the tree. Don't you love the pretty gloves? I love colorful gloves...a turquoise,lime,purple pair and a solid PURPLE! Thank you Terri, I hope you don't mind me waiting until Christmas. I feel so spoiled already with so many gifts coming my way, I thought I should save some. LOL.

Also a package from Freda arrived yesterday but I didn't get to photograph the content. Freda sent me two pretty doilies to be used for the Girlfriend pouches. They are exactly the style I prefer to use for the backing. I will be dyeing them as soon as DH returns to work . He has been on vacation since Thanksgiving. I have put off my dyeing while the guys are home. It is such a big all day process and I need the kitchen to myself with no food prep going on and with two guys in the house...well, that just doesn't happen. It isn't a problem really because with the two moms needing extra attention and Holidays it isn't like I had the time anyway.


That is enough for now, I will be visiting my MIL today at the rehab facility and then I must pick up a few stocking stuffers and then back home to bake rum cakes,cookies and fudge. Tomorrow my mom and brothers will be here and Saturday my BIL's from AZ and IL will arrive.
It's beginning to look and feel a lot like Christmas.....With all of the hustle and bustle and excitement in the air, I can't help but be reminded that the most important thing any time of year is the health of friends and family. It doesn't matter if you found the perfect gift for someone, or if your cakes turned out just right and the over night snow has fallen to transform your yard into a Winter Wonderland, all of this means nothing if you or a loved one is dealing with health issues. I have really learned this lesson the later part of this year and will be focusing on my own health in 2011. Won't you join me?
Enjoy your day and take a break to treat yourself to something yummy and healthy!

7 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Pat! It looks like you received some wonderful goodies from wonderful friends. I hope you and your family have a healthy, happy and prosperous 2011. Take care, Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat, you are very welcome!! It looks like we all know what you like. I'm so glad you like everything that I sent.
    Wishing you and your family a Blessed Christmas, a Merry "Gathering", and a HEALTHY New Year!
    Hugs and love,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas to you and yours Pat. May it be happy, healthy and safe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen to that Pat.

    Hugs

    FredaB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pat I couldn't agree with you more about your comments on health.
    Have a Wonderful Christmas full of joy and happiness and may all of your beautiful creativity continue to spill into the New Year.
    Hugs, Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful Christmas! You have been blessed by many because you have touch even more. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!