Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Jumping back in the saddle.........

Last week I had started several "Girlfriend Pouches" but had to set them aside when illness struck. It is hard and kind of weird for someone who enjoys creating so much to walk by their studio without feeling any magnetic pull or looking at their stash and not wanting to create but that is how I have felt since Saturday. Illness sucks, let's face it! Although I'm not 100% today I think I'm going to work on a few projects. This is where I stopped last week........
So far I have three Girlfriend Pouches pieced and partially embellished and four ready to piece with all fabrics and embellishments gathered. I want to get them pieced so I would have small projects for hospital runs. My MIL is in one hospital and mom is in another, yes, mom was sent back yesterday with too thin of blood. I felt bad not being able to take her or see her since Saturday but I have no choice, I can't leave my home at the moment. I'm hoping things begin to return to normal today. I do feel better so fingers crossed.

So today I will be in my studio for a few hours sewing and cutting and thinking of how lucky I am to have such a beautiful hobby to take me away from it all.
(of course I will be thinking of all of you who think of me and keep me inspired to continue)

Have a great day!

11 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better. I know what you mean about an illness taking the wind out of your creative sails. But you are "Back In The Saddle Again". My dad used to sing that all the time. Thanks for the memory that just put a smile on my face.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to read that your mom is also back in the hospital, but am glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better. You must feel pulled in a thousand different directions right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life certainly has its challenges doesn't it. I think you have had your share lately. Thinking of you, Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping that each stitch brings you a moment of peacefulness and takes you away from your troubles. You've had quite a time lately. Hope you are better soon, as well as your Mom and M-I-L. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pat~ Your things are always so, so beautiful...I hope you, your mom and your mother-in-law are all felling better real soon. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you, your mom and mil are all feeling better soon, life has been rough on you and your family lately, you're all in my prayers. Stitching is great therapy Pat, enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perhaps a bit of all the pressure and stress has come out as illness?
    However, nothing seems to stop you from creating such beautiful work for long!
    Sending hugs and get well wishes.
    Sorry to hear about both 'mums' being in hospital, best wishes to both of them too.


    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness, you have had a lot on your plate these days. I am sending all my best wishes your way in the hope you get a break from all this and are feeling better yourself. Too much stress and strain take their toll and I am thinking you must be a wee bit worn out, stretched thin, if you know what I mean. Take care Pat, and hopefully you will find some peace and tranquility in your creating.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely as always Pat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear, Pat, I am just catching up early this morning, as I haven't had much time for visiting blogs this week....and it looks like life has sent you a few more things to deal with. I'm so sorry. I wish I could share your words about savoring each day with someone right now who has been turning herself inside-out out of worry and fear but no substantial immediate reason for them. I think it's a conclusion that we come to in our own difficult way, sadly. Both of the moms in your life are blessed to have you...
    you're taking care of yourself too. That's where it begins...
    Love, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Pat,
    So sorry to hear you have had so many worries.
    I hope your Mom and MIL will be better sooon and as for you my dear... glad to hear you are going to work in your studio to-day, I'm with Laurie when she said Stitching is therapy.
    When I am upset I find great comfort picking up some handwork. Seems to carry away the stress..
    Take care ad know you are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Big Hugs
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!