Saturday, November 27, 2010

Fun mail day!

When you see what the mail lady brought the past two days you would think Christmas arrived early for me. I shopped a bit online this week and my goods are arriving quickly. First I bought a pretty Fimo charm from my sweet friend Amber Dawn who's miniature cupcakes are in the spotlight these days. Her presentation was wonderful as you can see below.
She attached the bag to the lady tag with a vintage beaded trim turned into a brooch. Then she protected the flowers by placing the charm on a traveler's pillow which is so pretty. The little key charm was slipped onto the brooch as well. Goodness! So many goodies in one! Thank you so much Amber Dawn, I love my little Fimo charm and all my extra goodies.

My next purchase was a little bottle cap pendant from the etsy shop "Choosing Beauty", which caught my eye because of the saying, "Hope Floats". I loved the movie with Sandra Bullock and this seemed to be a needful thing. I slipped a wired mermaid tear onto the chain. When I can't make it to the beach I can wear this and dream about finding treasures. Thank you so much Liv! It is even nicer than I thought it would be.

The sea glass book arrived too! I will curl up with a cup of tea in my comfy chair this evening and enjoy it. Thanks again Lisa for recommending this.My last mail loot was a much anticipated bundle of fabrics from India. The shop,Fabricana is owned by a very sweet woman by the name of Shikha who was so helpful and shipped my package very quickly. I wasn't expecting it for a few weeks and was thrilled to see it so soon. My fabrics were packaged in two beautiful sheer bags and I could see the treasure inside teasing me.This treasure trove of gorgeous fabrics, beads and trims were overwhelming. The colors and textured details were over the top beautiful. My photos do not do them justice at all. The embroidered velvet trim is exquisite and I will have to buy some in black now that I've seen the quality. This fat quarter group has amazing color. I wish you could touch these in person. Oh la la!.
These applique's will be used for clutch closures. The beautiful fabric covered beads are so petite and yummy!I am drooling over the pink highly embroidered fabric.I highly recommend these fabrics to my fellow crazy quilters, mixed media artists, scrap bookers, etc. They are so beautiful all have a rich sheen to them and a nice hand. Shikha will be offering scrap bags soon :-)
Thank you for the super service ladies. I hope my reader's visit your shops because I know they will be more than pleased with their purchases.
Now I am off to catch my breath.....................................

7 comments:

  1. Oh Pat!!What Marvellous Treasures!!! I went to the Fabricana site on Etsy. It's a heart-stopper that site!!!
    You must have been ecstatic as you opened your Treasure packages!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH WOWEEEE ! those fabrics are amazing!!! I gotta get over to her site! Thanks for sharing PAt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Pat! Those fabrics are YOU! I hope you had a hankie in your hand to catch all the drooling I'm sure you did when you opened that package! Exquisite colors and textures! They were made for you and your projects.
    Easy to see why your friend recommended the sea glass book! ;-)
    Have a happy Sunday.
    Blessings,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My! Love the fabrics from India, the ribbon is SOOO gorgeous!

    I'll have to find some money from somewhere to get my own!
    Thanks for sharing and oh yes! I wish I could touch the fabric goodies too!

    Hugs,

    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greetings, I enjoy your blog. This is a nice site and I wanted to post a note to let you know, nice job! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am soooooo happy to have found you through Queen Marcy's! I saw your pouches and they are to die for. I am now wanting to get my sewing machine out again! Your work is really beautiful, as well as your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those fabrics look wonderful! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!