Monday, November 22, 2010

Continuing play on Girlfriend pouches

Yesterday my plans changed so I sat in my comfy chair all day sewing. I didn't even get out of my pj's. DH went to see his mom, DS went to work and I just stitched and watched old movies like "Summer Place" with Sandra Dee and drank mint cocoa. I felt guilty for only a moment. I think I will do that more often. It was like the good old days before life became so busy. I will make up for not cooking by making homemade chicken noodles tonight :-)

This is my progress on the Girlfriend pouches............All have been pieced, some have a bit of embellishments and two are ready for the backing lace.I'm adding a dragonfly on each one which are so cute and because the dragonfly is a symbol of friendship. They are from my friend Wendy Shu and I think she would like to know they are being used. (Thank you Wendy :-)

I am working on all 9 pouches at once and it is not boring at all. Various colors, all fun themes. These will go in my etsy and artfire shops at the end of the month. Shipping will be free through Christmas within the US.

Two only pieced and waiting for embellishment to begin.

One is just starting to get embellished(the white areas will be filled in with flowers.

Four have a little more embellishments.
Two ready for lace backing

(My Favorite)
Since I am experimenting with construction of these pouches I thought I would do them all "assembly line" style. I am having fun with these and hope whoever ends up with them have fun as well. Sometimes you just need to let your silliness show. This world is uptight enough don't you think?
Have a great day and enjoy some creative time if possible..otherwise just have chocolate!

11 comments:

  1. I had to laugh when I read your post this am as I also watched "Summer Place" yesterday! I haven't seen it in just years. The pouches are all looking very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pat,
    Can't wait to see those finished pouches, they look delightful. Glad to know you had such a relaxing day.
    Best wishes, Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are totally stunning and what fabulous images you have used - I love them

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pat, I had a day like that yesterday too. DH had to go to work. We had a houseful of company Sat pm, so I vegged out. First time in a long, long time. It does feel good. Your GF pouches are just darling. I love the sayings on them. Connie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pat I love your pouches.
    I also love the sayings on the little pictures. Where do you get these collage sheets? I would love to make some cards for my girlfriends, I think they would get such a smile out of them..
    Keep up the good work, yu are so inspiring.
    xoxo
    ((((hugs))))
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the last one best. I have a friend who named his blog Runs With Scissors but I think there are a few blogs out there with that title. Love the silly comments in the photos. Yes, life is meant to be enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are just precious... I have some photos of dear friends taken in straw hats at a silly garden party... I will have to think on captions... Morris and I are having that kind of day tomorrow.. Big snow front moving in followed by subzero weather.. Love the weather but hate power outages... Gerry K.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are all so beautiful, love them.
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just love, love, love them! Well done!
    greetings from Holland,
    Ineke

    ReplyDelete
  10. My jaw drops every time I see your amazing work. All those incredible details, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just love your work, your flowers are wonderful on these.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!