Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Brisk beach walk

This morning I woke up and jumped on the bike for a 60 minute ride. I drank a bottle of water and felt so good I jumped into my jeans and layered a bulky sweater over my shirt, grabbed my coat,gloves, scarf,camera and boots and announced to DH that I was headed to the beach. It was 7:00 am and 38 degrees but it really didn't feel chilling cold....until I approached the lake.
No sunshine, no people, no birds, just one crazy lady and the lake. There were tons of small stones along the shore so I knew it would be a rewarding walk.
After finding a few pieces of clear glass and some china bits I was rewarded with this little blue piece.
The wind picked up and it seemed to be getting colder so I stepped up my pace but continued down the shore. After about 15 minutes I was feeling warmer. However my nose was very athletic! In the car I only grabbed one tissue and it was a three or four tissue morning. I ventured on past the area we call the "Blowout" for a while then decided the wind had won. I was starting to chill again with the harsh wind in my face so I turned back and felt so much warmer.

I made it to the car and called DH to tell him it was freezing out there then headed home with my treasures. A heart shaped aqua glass, 3 little blue pieces, one purple, china bits, seashell,etc. Much more than I had expected.
A brisk walk certainly gets you motivated in the morning.
I am off to clean up then go visit my MIL. Have a great day...hope its warmer where you are.

8 comments:

  1. It is not warmer here however I am not out at 7 am finding lovely treasures. You certainly are energetic and I can see how you get so much done in each day. Happy week to you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's see...high of 32º F, North winds up to 40 mph, snow on the ground, no beach, only buried treasures, I'm at work...I'm coming there! This really stinks. I'm glad you are having a good start to your day though. Take care, Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a haul like I did! I was afraid to step, that I may step on a piece of glass. Lovely treasures and a great way to start the day!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Pat!! I want some of that (?) whatever you are on that makes you bound out of bed, go for a 60 minute bike ride, and then a walk in the Freezing wind....

    So glad you have your old "Verve" back!!
    My book (Ellen's) is only days away!!!!I am SO excited.
    Thankyou for your extremely kind offer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love going on these walks with you to see what you find :) It's freezing rain on top of lots of snow and 27 degrees. Brrr Baby it's cold outside!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely little found treasures on the beach Pat - a reward for your brisk bike ride! We are having days of endless soft rain - so unusual for Summer here and the garden just adores it!
    I am wondering if you received the answer to your question as I have just had my email bounce back AGAIN! So sorry if you are still waiting but YES YES YES I'd be delighted - need a few guidelines from you. Love to hear more.
    Hugs, Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your beach treasures, and your inspiring motivational story that went with it! A bit too cold for me though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love reading about your walks. I don't live near a beach so I live vicariously through you. I love finding mermaid tears when I do get to the beach. I noticed that you found a fair amount of brown glass on this walk. I find brown glass too and I am not sure what to do with it. What do you do with the brown glass?
    warm regards
    Angela

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!