Friday, November 19, 2010

Another mermaid tear book to devour!

Thanks to a very sweet online friend, Lisa Alff, I just ordered another sea glass book. Thanks for the heads up Lisa!!!!!I don't know how I missed this one.It looks so interesting and it will keep me dreaming of warmer weather and treasure hunts with mom.

Speaking of mom, her doctors appointment went well yesterday. She was walking very well and had spunk in her step which had been missing for a long time.
Today is supposed to be in the 60's so I may head to the beach. I'll ask her to join me but she may not feel steady enough to walk on sand. I will probably go either way because I am feeling the need for fresh air and waves.....a few new treasures doesn't seem bad either :-)

This weekend I will be helping DH and his brother get my MIL settled in her new residence. I was supposed to go to Vogue fabrics with Jilly but it looks like I will not be able to make it. I was hoping to run my fingers through new fabrics but.......
It is sad to have to make this move but it is necessary.Luckily she understands why and is cooperating. It may only be for a few months, we won't know and must wait and take it week by week.

I am looking forward to 2011, is anyone else? I'm ready to leave 2010 behind and start fresh.
I know its early but I am heading down to finish a load of laundry so I can enjoy my day completely with no housework waiting for me. Besides, I love washing my linens in the Lavender scented laundry soap...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
I hope you enjoy your day and if all goes right I will be sharing my beach venture with you tonight.

3 comments:

  1. Hopefully soon Mom will be able to join you again for your beach walks. I visited a nearby lake the water level is down. I found an old telephone wire insulator in the mud. It had been beaten by the water and rocks. It is full of chips but so smooth to the touch. Certainly the biggest piece of lake/sea glass I have ever found!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear your Mom has some spring in her step. I'm not surprised you are happy to ring out the year - you have had more than enough to deal with. It is a great, good thing you have the beach to give you solace. I did enjoy my day; worked at the quilt shop and got to say hello to a lot of people that are very dear to me. I hope yours was equally good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat, I'm fascinated with Mermaid Tears! One of these days, I'm going down to our lake with a little scoop and see if I have any luck.

    I'm glad to hear your mom is doing better. I've had her in my thoughts & prayers.

    Yes, I'm very much looking forward to 2011. As you know, the past few years have been hell for me but things are finally looking up.

    Where in the world do you find lavender scented laundry soap? Please do tell!!!!!!

    Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!