Saturday, October 09, 2010

Using my weekend for fun and new creations

With mom back in the hospital for an extended stay of two weeks, I am taking today off to spend with my sweet "kick about" friend and fellow crazy quilter, Leslie from St. Joe,MI. Mom forbid me to visit today and insisted I enjoy a day with friends so I agreed. I couldn't really make plans until I knew exactly where mom would be so Leslie patiently waited for the WORD which came last night.
After returning home from visiting mom I had the itch to stitch so, I chose two new images I just bought from Patty of "Lisa's Altered Art". I love the light blue lady and just had to make something with it so I decided since we will be antiquing today, why not make each of us a fun neck pouch for our cash and plastic so we can be hands free.

Instead of crazy quilting I took my chosen printed images to the studio and began felting around them. I gathered some stash and headed to the front porch with Angell and in no time I had them embellished and ready to assemble. I chose to zigzag the edges after adding a lining fabric then adding vintage lace to finish them off. Leslie has provided me with many lace pieces through the years so its time I use some on a project for her. I always have good intentions but time passes and my darn imagination wanders on to 100 more possibilities and I never get the things I want accomplished.

I picked out two coordinating small doily's that I dyed last month to use as a pocket on the back of each. I stitched around the bottom 3/4's of the doily. It makes a nice deep pocket. I will keep my lipstick in mine.
I used purple for Leslie's ......the photo color is off as usual. The color has more red purples than the blue shown. Argh!


and Periwinkle for mine. Naturally I had to slip in a dragonfly somewhere. I bought these from Flights of Fancy. They are beautiful!!!!
So now I am waiting for Leslie's arrival and setting out my comfy sandals. The weather this weekend is going to be gorgeous. I hope you have something fun planned too!

12 comments:

  1. Hi Pat, glad you're going to have a super day with your friend and oh what a lucky friend to have a lovely pouch made just for her!
    Strangely enough, I was playing with my beads the other day after looking at some of your CQ pics with dragonflies on, thinking I can make a dragonfly! I never sewed them onto anything, but they are on my table waiting to be used, and guess what? They are almost identical in colours to your two that you have used on your pouches! I WILL take a pic and post it on my blog.
    Have a great day!
    Glad that your Mom is doing well by the way.
    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that picture where you have everything out ready to embellish just had me drooling. I love these
    felted pouches and the embellished total look is a WOW! Glad you have a free day to let your hair down.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your package arrived and I loved all the goodies...Thank you..so much. I just adore the little girl with the bird on her bonnet and want to do something special for myself with her... Have a great day and I'm sending "get waell" thoughts to your mom... Gerry K...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pouchs are wonderful as usual. Your friend is going to be delighted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pat, you have one lucky friend. Those pouches are beautiful! I love the combination of the image, ribbon embroidery, felting, verbage...all of it. Thanks for sharing. You are an inspiration (and you must work really fast). All my best wishes to your mom. Enjoy your day. Connie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pat, these images are gorgeous...one lucky friend to receive such a beautiful creation! I received my Etsy purchase and so love the images and ribbon choices, as well as the silk thread...all such pretty goodies and so very appreciated. Thank you for sharing your talent with us! Wishing the best for your mother's quick recovery. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry to hear your Mom is back in the hospital Pat - I hope she's feeling better and home very soon. She is a very wise Mom to tell you to take a day for yourself...be sure to enjoy it to the fullest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thinking of you and your mom, Pat. Big hugs, too. Carpe diem!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear that mom is back in the hospital. She is a wise woman to tell you to enjoy a day with your friend and do what you love to do. Your newest hands-free pieces are extraordinary. Enjoy everything. Happy 10.10.10 to you...

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fabulous pouches Pat !! Youa re a wonder and the speed at which you create things is amazing! I am glad that you are going off for a day of fun with Leslie!!! have Faith that your Mom will be fine and being taken excellent care of !! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pouches!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!