Saturday, October 23, 2010

New book in the making.......Mom update

I've been toying with the idea of writing a new larger CQ book. Projects galore, resources, eye candy, and lots more to entice newbies to take the plunge and to inspire experienced CQ'ers because everyone doesn't CQ the same, and I'm thankful for that. We all have our own styles, favorite colors, tricks and tips and I am willing to share all of mine in the new book.
Presently it is in the baby stages because I started over. Yes, I had one in the making but scrapped it all. I wanted to refresh my ideas and approach and there is no better way to do that than starting from a blank page. I wanted to share the news with you first and if you want to see a specific project, let me know and I may work it into the book and give you credit for the idea.
It will not be self published so it will be available in book stores, fabric shops, etc for those who couldn't get their hands on the Blurb book, "Pat Winter Gatherings" available here. The price for such a small book enraged me but I had no control with that type of publication. The new book will offer so much more and I am excited to be working on something like this again. I have not set a deadline because I am taking my time so I can offer new step by step projects so even a novice can start a project when they open the pages. I know I am in for a big undertaking so if you think about it once in a while, give me a shove :-) I won't be sharing the projects on my blogs however I will be working on additional projects in between because you know I have to keep inspired by having several things in the works. It sounds exhausting but remember, I don't have a day job, this is it. :-)
What I would love to be a part of is a Crazy Quilt magazine. That would be wonderful to have featured artists and tons of eye candy, some step by step projects, resources,challenges, etc every two months in your hands. A girl can dream!

For those concerned, and I thank you for all your thoughtful notes, mom had her last GI tube removed and now she just needs to heal. I just phoned her and she really wants to try to walk the shore soon. The next day above 70 degrees we may find ourselves at the beach. It seems a little soon but if she is willing, we are going for it. We both were reminded that life is too Darn short!

16 comments:

  1. Such great news about your mom! And great news about the new book. I am joining the crazy quilting/embroidery circuit again and enjoying all the wonderful info now available on the internet. I look forward to the release of your new book! Is your former book still available? Have a wonderful weekend. ~ Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom shall not be denied! If she feels well enough to walk the shore...so she shall.
    Congratulations on your new book endeavor. I look forward to it, especially real how-to's from your expertise. Happy creating...

    ReplyDelete
  3. First let me say I am glad Mom is better. Soon you will be looking for mermaid tears together.
    Now on to the book. I would love to see one of your small pouches you have been making. Something big enough to hold a cell phone and some cash. And a Christmas ornament with one of your lovely images in it.
    The CQ magazine would be so fantastic. I can picture it in my mind. Lots of small tutorials and challenges. What a lovely dream.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had another thought what about CQ through the year? Valentine CQ, Christmas ornament, CQ pincushion for Mothers day. CQ picture frame for Fathers day. Easter Egg CQ....
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pat a new book would be awesome!!! I know I'd be there to buy it!!
    I'm so glad your Mom is doing better, and that soon you'll be walking the beach again. Onward and Upward Pat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am thinking back as your book was how we met. I still treasure that book and our friendship.
    So glad to hear your mom is better. I can picture you two walking on the beach. I just know you will find blue sea glass.Hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh Pat..HOW EXCITING!!! Anyone who takes on writing a book is a hero in my opinion!!What a Fabulous project. I just have to say it again..EXCITING!!!Even though I get caught up in lots of other things, I LOVE C.Q'ing!!So much is happening with it, and those of us who don't do quilts, would love other projects to get stuck into. Good Luck with this.Thanks for your inspiring comments on my blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Pat,
    I'm so glad your Mom is doing well.
    I'm sure a walk on the beach will really lift her spirits.
    The book sounds amazing and I look forward to seeing it.
    Thank you so much for recommending me to your friends.
    Smiles, Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Pat,
    Your new book sounds wonderful,
    I really like books that have lessons as I am always wanting to try new things, your beautiful work has always has inspired me & made me want to try crazy quilting & such,
    I definitely will be on the look out for your new book when it is finished!
    I am so pleased your Mom is improving although it be slowly,
    I send all my love to you both & wish you many happy years walking the shore together,

    Hugs to you both
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad to read that your mom has finally gotten all the tubes removed. Healing takes time, but she will be a pro at it.

    I will be one of the first to purchase the new book. It sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pat, wishing your mom swift healing and continued good health.

    And...wishing you success with your new book idea! It is a lot of work to create a book! For me, the text would be the most difficult, not the actual projects. You too?

    Blessings to you!
    Hugs,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Pat,
    I was so happy to hear your Mum is on the mend...She is so lucky to have the caring daughter you are.
    I can imagine how excited you are to start writing another book. I know it will be awhile but will be looking forward to it.
    Best wishes, and a big hug for your Mum
    xoxo
    ((((hugs))))
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such good news! Twofold! So happy to read you'll both soon be walking the beach. It's exciting about the book! I'll look forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Pat,
    So happy to hear that your mom is feeling better and on the mend.

    I'll be standing in line waiting for a copy of your new book! How exciting! I have always dreamed of there being a CQ Magazine out there to flip through pages and pages of eye candy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad that your mom continues to improve and I hope they get her meds straightened out soon. It can be such a mess after being in the hospital. I am so excited that you are working on a new book. I can't wait to see what you come up with. Finishing ideas for me would be very helpful ie how to make the bracelet, pin etc Thanks Pat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. blinkbonniefarm8:02 AM CDT

    Hope your Mom's healing is going well. Great idea about the book. I'll be in line to get one. I love looking at your first book for inspiration. --Pat

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!