Thursday, October 28, 2010

A little Olive project for Autumn

I love Olive green mixed with pink or purple, gold or brown, well I guess I really like Olive green with any color accents. It is a rich and soothing color to me. I chose a Sepia image of a little girl with a shy smile and tucked her among rich Olive green fabrics with touches of deep rose. Then I sprinkled silk ribbon roses along one side and plopped a vintage velvet blossom just above her then added an applique leaf under that which has some Olive Delica beads with pink AB to reflect both colors. A few embroidery stitches with Kreinik metallic threads on the seams and a touch of lace and wooden beads from a cut trim from Flights of Fancy and the final touch...a copper butterfly charm. It appears as though she is peeking into a secret Autumn garden filled with delightful surprises.

When finished this will be a neck purse with gold tone clasp. I told you I have been working! :-)
Enjoy your day!

12 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous, Pat! I love the variegated ribbon roses clustered next to her.... Great colors and stitching. Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful, Pat. I love the olive green too. It is really such a "neutral" to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to mention ~ You writing a book is WAY OVER DUE! I will bug you from time to time about it like you asked ~ you are a unique crazy quilter and have tons to offer!There are none other quite like you.
    I just hope on your book tour you will fit in Ct or at least NYC ~ then I will have to stay there to and we will get in lots of trouble together ~in bead,lace and fabric shops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors and embellishments are absolutely gorgeous! This will be a beautiful piece. Connie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pat, Your work is always so beautiful. That is my favorite green color, so rich. Your work is amazing. Thanks for sharing, have a wonderful day. Terri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful piece Pat!!! Olive is such aownderful color to paly with I have really grown to love it. As a kid I hated it- always reminded me of canned peas- yuck. Now I love to use it to show off other colors!! Thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful and I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just Beautiful! I just started using the Kreinik metallic thread and really like working with it! Hope your Mom is better soon. Take Care of yourself too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:43 PM CDT

    Gorgeous colors Pat..Such a sweet little image too! I wanted to tell you I made it to Lemon Creek Fabrics and Tradewind Beads this week...Oh boy! Loved them both..and just loved Lemon Creek Fabrics..Judy is so sweet I think I could talk to her for days..and her husband was very kind and helpful too. Thankyou so much for sharing those places here..both are true treasures. I now also see why you and your Mom love to go to St.Joseph..what a sweet lil town. Thanks so much again for sharing.
    Blessings to you and your Mom..Takecare, Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh, that's really gorgeous, Pat! xo Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love olive green too - I sometimes wonder if I'll ever get tired of it but so far not at all. I ordered my very first set of Moo cards last night and I can't wait to see them. I was so inspired when I saw yours and although I don't have much to choose from for the images I will try making a few things in the new year just for that purpose.
    I hope things have improved for your Mom. This hasn't been at all easy for either of you and you could certainly use a little good news!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!