Saturday, October 30, 2010

Halloween is near......treats received

Tomorrow the goblins and witches will be out and about and tomorrow evening I will let DH pull three names from the three events happening on my blogs. I am excited for you who entered and wish each of you good luck. I wish everyone could win. I'm jealous too after browsing through the shops of CSN and seeing many things I would enjoy myself.

Hoping not to sound like a spoiled gal, I must share some goodies that have been arriving at my door.
The first package is from my dear friend in MI/AZ, Jan Obertein who truly spoils me rotten with her hand made gifts. This surprise included beautiful beaded laces from wedding gowns and pretty fabrics,lace to dye, a blown glass pendant bead, and the sweetest delicate vintage stamens with a beautiful hand made tea themed book filled with recipes. Each page offers a pull out recipe or bit of advice. Lovely! I will most certainly be using that! Thank you Jan :-) (hugs)


My next surprise came from another sweet friend Terri Takacs from CT who also spoils me terribly with delightful gifts.Terri recently took a trip with her DH and along the way stopped in PA in her favorite Amish town. Thinking of me and the cold Midwestern days she sent me a hearty soup mix and her favorite recipe of how to use the ingredients. Tried and true recipes are such a nice gift. She also slipped in one of those little charm sets that turn into a teapot when you add a bead. I will share a pic when I find the perfect bead!Thank you so much SP!!!!
Can you tell I am getting settled in for Winter? Enjoy your weekend!


3 comments:

  1. OOOH! Nice gifts!
    :o)

    Wishing you a happy weekend and peace too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Settling in for Winter sounds sooo good!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'd rather receive those treats than candy any day.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!