Saturday, October 23, 2010

Finished a UFO!

I finished a UFO today. I was invited by a super talented friend, Maureen Greeson to exchange CQ blocks. Maureen had the great idea to collect blocks from friends and make them into a book. When I get caught up with my other UFO's I plan on asking some CQ friends as well. Here is my first stunning block by Maureen ...
and some gorgeous treats she included...........
I finished her block but can't post until she receives it in a few days. I love this block and can't wait to collect and assemble a special CQ friendship book. So, think about exchanging 6" blocks with me if you are a crazy quilter please????????????????????????????

Gotta go set the table. My baby turned 25 today and we are surprising him with a rib dinner from his favorite Wagner Ribs in Porter when he gets off work.Where did the years go?

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Can't wait to see the one you created too! And a very happy birthday to your "baby boy". Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely block! I'd love to exchange with you - if it could wait til the new year? I have too many irons in the fire at the moment and can't add anything else in at the moment. I'll understand if you don't want to wait, for sure. And happy birth day to your baby (my baby is 25 too!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely CQ block and great idea to collect from others and combine them into a book to enjoy. Happy Birthday to you "little one".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous block from maureen!!! Love all fot he ribbon work. I spent all day cooking for my Biggest Kid- his b-day is on Monday. Rb with all the fixings!! next year is the big 50 for him!! It is so hard to figure out how our little guys grow up so darned fast!!! Love that family picture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pat
    Haven't visited for a while due to the busy world of creating etc.
    Love the idea of the new friendship book and I wish you heaps of success in putting together your new book.
    Warm wishes, Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic idea to make a CQ friendship book! The block you received is beautiful and I can't wait to see the one you have sent.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Waving hi! Pat I would LOVE to do a one-on-one block swap with you. Paula from New Zealand

    http://stitchinfingers.ning.com/photo/photo/listForContributor?screenName=32u78tbe7r2lz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9:03 AM CDT

    Hi Pat,
    You are the perfect person to write a cq. book. It will be the best, simply explained, inspirational, and beautiful eye candy. It will make cq. absolutely enticing and they will be hooked. Your website did it for me ! I am sure it will be a long process but I can wait. Happy your Mom is getting stronger. LOVE Jam O.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait for the book, Pat! A CQ magazine in print is a great idea too. How can I help?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous piece you received. I'm sure the one you made is wonderful too

    blessings

    babara jean

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love a block exchange-especially with you-let me know if you need more people. Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  12. blinkbonniefarm3:13 PM CDT

    Hi Pat, I would love to be part of the block exchange for your friendship book. --Pat

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!