Monday, September 20, 2010

A thoughtful gift from a cherished friend

Sometimes you meet someone online and immediately bond. I am fortunate to have this happen to me more than once. Skeptics don't believe that you can have real friendships through blogging however I know hundreds who would disagree. Very special relationships are found and built between bloggers. If people can find their partners and marry from meeting online, why would you doubt true friendships are impossible? If you are a doubting Thomas, I am sorry to say you sure are missing out on beautiful friendships and extraordinary people that you could not have experienced if not for blogland.
(The fairy graphic and background is from another sweet online friend, Patty)
Recently one of my treasured blogging friends, Elizabeth Woodford asked me to send her a couple of my blue mermaid tears which hold special meaning to me and mom. A few days ago they were returned wrapped in silver wire.
One for me and one for my mom. (Mom is currently wearing hers) She also sent a special talisman which I know is special to her which makes it another treasure to me. Mom had me immediately slip her pendant on the silver chain with dad's silver charm he kept in his wallet for years. She has only removed this necklace once, because of her recent surgery . Now, with the new special piece added, it is a way to start fresh and look forward to sunny days ahead.
We all need a sign or special memento to boost our spirits and beliefs. Elizabeth has made this possible for mom and I thank her.
I am buying a special silver chain for mine as soon as I can slip in a shopping trip. Thank you Elizabeth for thinking of doing such a sweet and thoughtful thing for us. You are special indeed.

8 comments:

  1. Oh I Am THRILLED that your Mom has one and I am so honored that she is wearing it!!! Your words brought tears to my eyes!!!I am so glad that you like them dear Pat! You are such a specail and sharing person, it is so easy to do nice things for you!!
    Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely memento! How very thoughtful of your friend--and thank you for sharing the warm feelings. I also have found some wonderful friends via the Internet. I received a similarly wrapped piece of green beach glass as a birthday gift this year--made for me by a friend. There's nothing better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely! I too have found some pretty special friends online and am so grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice thoughtful gift! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, Pat! Not surprised - Elizabeth is a sweet lady, very thoughtful and she mirrored what she sees in you.
    Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pat, what a sweet and thoughtful gift! And so beautiful. I'm so taken with your Mermaid's Tears. I'm planning on walking down to our lake and so hoping that I can find at least 1!

    Glad to hear that your mom is doing well.

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very true words...yes blogland is a wonderful place to make and have real friends. I know I have made a few that I truly cherish. Happy "tears"...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes I agreee with everyone... What a blessed idea. You deserve the best. Tell your Mom hi as we all enjoy her adventures with you.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!