Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Restless night

I couldn't sleep last night and have been up since 2:00 stitching on my cell case. I am excited to visit mom today. Lots of progress yesterday. It was like visiting a different woman. She was joking most of the time and we laughed so much the nurse came in to see if she had access to the morphine again. Now to get her released. All the tubes are out and she was given broth, tea, and jello last night. I hope she kept it down. I'll find out at 9:00. She even called me last night.
If you know of someone (any age) who has complained about upper stomach pain or acid reflux for a while, suggest they get checked for Gallstones. This is one surgery you do not want to wait for. Removal and recovery is much easier the younger you are. The surgeon said mom would not be doing as well if she hadn't been active prior to her attack. Although it does run in families, most people have stones and never have problems so they leave them in.

I may head to the beach this morning for a short walk to refresh. I promised to bring mom green tea so I need to pack a little basket. If anyone wants to join us, we will probably be enjoying a cup around 11:00 :-)Have a great day!

13 comments:

  1. Hi Pat, sorry to hear that you didn't sleep well but so happy to know that your mom is doing better. I keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have nights like that too. So glad your mom is getting better. I know what it is like to have a sick mom, I took care of my mom the last 14 years of her life. I'll keep praying that you can bring her home soon. Take care of yourself, we don't want you sick too.
    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear everything's looking up and moving along so well! You'll both be back walking on the beach before you know it. Another part of your mum's recovery is your wonderful attention to her. I think you are both blessed with each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad to hear that your mom is doing better. It does pay to remain active. I am sure you will sleep like a log when you finally get her home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Am pleased to hear your Mom is on the road to recovery - will look forward to her hospital release SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful news. Will keep the good thoughts coming your way to you and your mom. Head for the beach if you can, it will invigorate you. Sea Witch

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to hear your Mom is doing better. Walking always makes me feel better! Take care of yourself and hope your Mom is released soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear your moms coming home and feels better. Hope she'll be walking with on the beach soon. Make sure she keeps moving so she doesn't get pneumonia. Hugs--Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  9. So absolutely thrilled to hear that your Mum is doing so well. This is such good news.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear your Mom is doing so much better. Having a sense of humour certainly helps!

    ReplyDelete
  11. DARN I missed tea time today ~ I'll be there tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Pat, I had gallstones years ago, and to have my gall bladder removed (22 stones in there). When I went to the doc with my symptoms, he remarked, 'Fair, fat and forty...sure signs it's gall stones.' I potested that I was only 22. 'Well, two out of three ain't bad.' he said. I was too stunned to tell him the 'fair' bit came out of a bottle. I couldn't really argue with the 'fat' bit, although looking back, I was only slightly overweight. Boy did he make me feel better, really boosted my self esteem too. lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. I missed the tea party yesterday! Will go fix a cup of tea now in Mom's honor.
    Cheers,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!