Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Missed you!

This morning the sunrise was so beautiful. I snapped a few pics before heading off to clean mom for her blood work appointment. The clouds were pink and the fog was layered under the beautiful colors...............In the back of the house the sky was purple and blue....breathtaking. I wanted to sit and watch the sun pop up over the field but didn't have time....perhaps tomorrow morning.
I quickly took some pics of the only flowering plants adding color to the front porch....the faithful petunia and the heavily scented Autumn Clematis covering the front railings. The fragrance is strongest in the morning and late evening.
I have a whole new respect and admiration for nurses and care givers. I had no idea what taking care of a surgery patient involved. I've been staying at moms until my brother's could help keep her company while I could tend to my home and family. SO far, so good.
Mom is doing fine although weak as expected. I'm hoping the feeding tube comes out Thursday since she is eating on her own just fine. Changing bandages took a bit to get used to without feeling queasy. That is exactly why I didn't become a nurse. I can't handle icky stuff unless it is my own or in an emergency. I wanted to be a nurse so badly when I was a teen but knew I would not do well with wounds. I feel others pain and would probably sit and cry with them instead of tending to them,LOL. Oh well, such is life.

I am itching to create again so as I have free time I will be stitching up some projects to share. I am missing fabrics, threads and blogging friends. Take care!

8 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that your Mom is back home!! It must be such a relief for her to have you staying with her- how fortunate taht you live close enough so you can do that!!! We have missed you as well but you are doing such important work!! I am right ther with youa bout nursing!! I so wanted to be an Occupational Therapist as a Teen, as a way to get into Art THerapy, but ic ould not take being with the patients in the stuffy rooms, I got very claustrophobic and had panic attacks! I was so upset but not that upset that I was willing to work thru it!!! Caregivers are angels cut from special cloth! But you know that if we HAD to do it, We could!!!! It is so nice that we all have different skill sets!!! Hugs to you both!!!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are the joys of getting up early. We are definitely rewarded in unbelievable displays of beauty.

    Glad to hear your mom is coming alond so nicely. It will be nice to get rid of the feeding tube. I am sure she will be glad to have yet another tube removed.

    Nursing was my profession and I loved every minute of it. I had wanted to be a nurse since I was five years old and never deviated from the desire. I am sure you are doing an amazing job for your mom's needs because you love her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos Pat! I'm very glad that your Mom is home and I'm sure your nursing care is the best she could have because it's done with love. I'm looking after my dad and I agree that it isn't my strong suit. Nursing isn't something I ever contemplated doing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We ALL love you cutie pie ;)
    Sending lots of love your way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful pictures! So glad your mom is doing better and hope she'll be done with the feeding tube soon. I could never be a nurse either.... Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pat,
    Your mom is so lucky to have you care for her and it is really good news to hear that she is back at home and recuperating well. Time to appreciate our health, mother nature's gifts and our unique talents. I hope you will be able to create soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Be a nurse!? I can't even get myself to go into the hospital without major panic!
    I'm happy for you and your Mom, I'm so glad she's home now, and has you to help her.
    Your pictures are amazingly beautiful Pat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pat you are a loving and faithful daughter as we all know from reading your blog for so long. Mom should be very proud. May Mom feel fully recovered very soon and may you be able to get back to your favorite fabrics, threads and blogging friends very soon. Happy nursing...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!