Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Playing with dye

This morning at 1:30 am I was in the kitchen dyeing ribbon, cotton trims and cheesecloth. These are my favorites. I see mermaids and gardens.

I have several colors still drying at the moment and will share pics later. What started me on this dyeing streak? None other than Ellen Anne Eddy. I stopped by her studio yesterday and met Lauren, one of her past students and fiber artist. She was dyeing fabric and sent me home with these two beauties.There are so many who love working with cotton fabrics so I thought with Ellen's beautifully dyed fabrics and my dyed silk ribbon bits of lace and doily parts I may offer a class crazy quilting a swing purse or wall hanging. I will kit up various colorways and announce the class later this month.
I am supposed to be painting another duplex this morning however the place is vacant so the electric wasn't turned on yet and it is dark and rainy today so the lighting is poor for painting. Oh darn! This leaves me a free day to finish a project I must finish. So I am off of this time magnet. Have a great day.

12 comments:

  1. Oh what a beautiful color, it is one of my favorite's right now, I change all the time, but love aqua, I can't wait to see what you create. I enjoy visiting your blog. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colors!

    Sally & I are planning a get-together in September to play with dye. I'm going to tat some hen & chicks edgings to play with. We're really looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat your dyed ribbons & lace are stunning, if i may please ask {:0) What are you using to dye them with,
    I would love to try this myself,

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pat, I just love all of these mixed colors. I've only attempted coffee and tea dyeing. LOL!

    Thank you so very much for your very kind comments on my blog this morning. Once again.

    Blessings to you,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would so love to take one of your classes....your trims and things are so beautiful! Such a huge fan of yours...hugs beth

    ReplyDelete
  6. That must be how you accomplish so much in a day...you do not sleep. Your colors and that fabric are "too dye for". You are amazing and super talented Miss Pat. Happy creating...

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know how I adore this color palette!! Gloreous!!! Couldn't sleep???? Love that new fabric simply stunning!!

    Have you picked out a nice piece of cobalt se galss for me to craddel in beads yet???? Don't forget!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too love visiting your blog! It's always such a treat. Your colors are beautiful.
    I just received the Bliss kit I purchased from you. It's wonderful! I'm a newbie and am nervous about starting because I don't want to wreck all the pretty ribbons and such. but I'll get over it...I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! That's great that you get to play rather than paint! I thought you repainted all the cottages last year! That kind of painting is such a chore! Love your beautifully dyed lace and ribbon! Marva

    ReplyDelete
  10. How I love those colors! Splendid dyeing my friend ~ makes me wish to grab a pot and start the process!
    Thanks for the inspiration!
    Blessings
    ~ katie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colours - the colours of the sea and the sky are my favourites. I can't wait to see what you make them, I know it will be stunning! I am a night owl myself and some of my best work is done in the wee hours - quiet house, time to putter and no distractions.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The colours make me want to go play so I will! Lovely....

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!