Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A "Tweet" giftie for Jilly

Yesterday at House of Stitches Jilly bought a really cute needle book kit shaped as a small bird. I couldn't help but try to create it using CQ. Jilly likes blue and rusty rose so this is what I came up with today.....
The front side...
 The whole body  measures 1 3/4" by 2 3/4" (open).I will be replacing the beak with felt  and stiffen the ribbon "tail". I will also stitch a clear small snap inside to secure.

Inside the wool keeps needles for a project handy and safe.
This took about 4 hours...I thought I could "whip it up" in one or two, LOL!!!! I will be making more...I need a purple one. Hope she likes it.

9 comments:

  1. Very clever and super beautiful. Happy creating...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the needle book! It's beautiful as is all of your work! Have a wonderful rest of your week! Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see you are a fan of just nan! I made pinkie although I didn't make mine crazy now I wish I had!!!! Maybe I see a teal and green one in the near future!!! But slightly larger than my pinkie, I put her somewhere and now I can't find her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a little darling is this bird needle keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that's gorgeous Pat! I love needle keepers. I just made 3 of them and am planning on a few more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that's so cute! And it looks great in CQ too!! Love your blog, and will follow your adventure.
    Kathy (aka Shawkl)
    www.shawkl.com
    www.shawkldesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is just so cute and creative. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe you saw it yesterday and WHIPPED it up in ONE day!!!!! I love this cutie!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is fantabulous!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!