Thursday, July 08, 2010

A most beautiful gift of purple-ness

A few days ago I received a surprise from my sweet friend Lelia. She has been in my studio and knows I have embroidery scissors for which I had designed a wall  crazy quilted scissor keeper....
 however, I don't think I had told her that I had lost my favorite pair of brand new Gingher's many years ago in a snow filled parking lot. I was so proud of those little scissors because they were the first "quality" pair I treated myself to. They were just the plain handled silver ones but they had the little black leather case and I just thought they were wonderful and I felt grown up using "big girl" tools.
When I opened Lelia's package I felt emotional  for many reasons. First of all these goodies were from such a talented stitcher friend who is so generous and sweet and included an assortment of her beautiful tatted butterflies that I love so much.
 Secondly...they are gorgeous and PURPLE!!!!! 
 WOW! I have never had any as beautiful as these. I immediately attached my new purple beaded fob from the quilt show. Perfect! I know I may sound like I crawled out from under a rock, but I just don't go out and treat myself to such things.
I think we all should because it would be nice to glance over after hours of stitching to see pretty scissors and handmade pin keeps, needle books, etc. Don't you think? Surround yourself with beauty right? Things that tickle your fancy.
Thank you so much Lelia. I haven't had time to properly thank you yet,but thought I would share this delightful gift while I stole a moment to blog.
Zippity doo dah,Zippity aye,
My oh my what a wonderful day
Plenty of sunshine coming my way,
Zippity doo dah, Zippity aye.

12 comments:

  1. What a thoughtful gift! I love your scissors keeper,you come up with such nice ideas. Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are the cutest lil pair of scissors...what a thoughtful friend you have! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your scissors keeper is both practical and beautiful. Your friend loves you very much to be so thoughtful and giving. Happy creating...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful and thoughtful gift to give an artist like you. If you are like me sissors are always a welcome gift, but all the rest, I would have been speechless. You enjoy all of them and I love the little fob you got at the quilt show.
    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Pat! I love your scissor holder, and your gifts are so extra beautiful and special. Enjoy your zippity doo dah day! Aye?

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOOT! Glad you like them --- delighted you didn't already own a pair : ) I agree: Treat yourself often ... you are a special and talented GF!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How blessed you are to have such a thoughtful friend! Enjoy your present!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous scissors keeper and a wonderful present. You are such a very nice and generous person yourself that it is only natural that your receive some too

    ReplyDelete
  9. I recently saw a little fridge magnet which said"Be your own best friend, buy yourself a gift". When I went back to the shop again the magnet was still there, so I bought it to remind myself.
    I have all my Mother's scissors.Beautiful ones!! I often feel a bit unworthy of such things as Mum was a wonderful stitcher!

    Your scissor keeper is truly a gift from the heart. I would be emotional too! Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your scissor keeper - what a great idea. Hey - might even encourage people (me) to keep scissors where you can find them! You are truly blessed to have a friend that loves you enough to give you wonderful scissors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Pat, how gorgeous! Your scissor keeper is amazing and your new little pair of embroidery scissors are so pretty! I have a wonderful pair of sewing scissors like that. My mom gave them to me. I could use a new pair of embroidery scissors and I just love those! Will have to see what my needlework shop has the next time I'm in there.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful, heartfelt gift.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!