Thursday, July 22, 2010

Come along for a beach stroll

This morning it was cool with an overcast sky so we headed to the beach hoping to beat the heat and enjoy a cool outing. Come along if you wish.......
Kick off your sandals and roll up your jeans...here we are at the beach..........as you can see, we have calm waters today. Do you feel the humidity kicking in? We have about 15 minutes of coolness before we start feeling tacky. I have wet wipes, so don't worry.
Hmmmm, looks like someone was trying to dig a hole to China ....
Earlier this year I saw one a bit larger. Perhaps it was the same person????
Look! A green mermaid tear.........
There's mom searching for rocks.........
Look what was waiting for me at the waters edge.........Hello dad!
Shore birds not bothered by my presence. They are quiet today.
There is something relaxing about seeing the small stones in the water near the shore. Mesmerizing.
Looking  West toward Chicago, can you see US steel mill in the distance? DH worked there over 30 years...such a filthy place....yuck!
Looking East toward Michigan...much better.
Hidden treasure awaits! Can you find them?

Time to turn back...
A beautiful surprise visitor to bid us farewell....

A few of mom's goodies.She found a teal blue piece!!!!!!!!!

 Headed home...we leave a young man with his back pack and books....
and a woman gathering treasures of her own along the shore.
Our trek back to the car led us past some pretty blooms..
Monarda (Bee Balm)
My treasures for the day. A good day for Crinoids!
Thank you for joining me. We are off to enjoy a Mocha Frappe',(Mom says thanks Jilly) I hope you enjoyed your journey. Tootles!


9 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice summer outing. And your crinoids put in mind of the book I read recently by Tracy Chevalier, "Remarkable Creatures". I highly recommend it for a great summer read while you like in that hammock of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly did find some treasures. I always smile when I get to join you and "Mom" on your beach strolls. Happy creating...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for taking us along with you for a walk on the beach. Makes me want to take a trip to the shore.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous of you, I haven't been to a beach since January. Sounds like you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for a lovely stroll. I had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful day Pat, there's something about the water that is so soothing. Love your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pat, what a lovely post!! I always enjoy your visits to the lake. I think I'll walk down to my lake and take some photos. Nothing like Lake Michigan but still pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing that outing. Love the mermaid tears. What will you do with them?
    Please hide a piece in Sienna's doll.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful outing you had ~ love the pictures. Thank you for sharing. I found you through BlogCatalog!

    Have a beachy week.

    Marie @ Sally Lee by the Sea
    http://nauticalcottageblog.com
    http://sallyleebythesea.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!