Friday, June 25, 2010

A girl can dream.........................start dreaming!

This little Victorian cottage is adorable. I want to find one for myself. That would be so fun to fix up. It has given me ideas for the Summer kitchen. Uh oh! We could stitch on white couches??????? Perhaps.
The past two days I have been clearing, pulling, cutting, chopping, raking and hauling weeds and fern from my garden. The hot and humid weather combined with  our several days of rainfall has allowed the garden to overflow. I could barely get through the paths from the 6 foot tall fern. The roses took over the archways and the Hostas closed off the water fountain path.
I am happy to say that all I have left to do is empty a 4 foot high wagon of weeds but that will have to wait until Sunday.
Tomorrow I am taking off to MI with mom. We are going to a quilt show first ...
 ......then to St. Joe for lunch and a walk about town. My sweet friend Leslie who is a member of the quilt guild hosting the show sent me tickets and a raffle ticket. That was such a sweet surprise and I have been looking forward to it. This will be mom's second quilt show. We went to one in Indianapolis about 15 years ago. I think she will enjoy it.

So lets all dream of owning our own little white Victorian cottage if you don't already have one and enjoy your weekend.

11 comments:

  1. I saw this on the New York Times Online - how great that she was able to fix up a fishing shack and turn it into a dream come true! LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat, I read about this place earlier today and the 1st thing that came to my mind was that it looks like a little slice of Heaven. Debbie (Maine)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, yes, I could move into that this very minute and never leave again, what an amazing little place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That little cottage would make a fantastic space to create in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pat, my daughter sent me this link too. Isn't it a dreamy place!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute is that. Happy you are going out to see a show have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What I'd do for a cottage like that! And Victorian no less! Have fun at your show,

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to have a retreat like that--just to sit and stitch or read. That would be my idea of Heaven. Thanks for sharing this. Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You may see a couple of NANI ppl, too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope that you had a wonderful time at the show!! I think that your little summer kitchen could be an excelent follow on piece for the Victorian Cottage- you have the same sort of decorating touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd never get anything done in there as I'd be so entranced in just looking around! I do have a little cottage on my inspiration board though that I'd love for a studio.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!