Monday, June 21, 2010

Border time!

I can't believe it but I am about to add the border to the CQ wall hanging. You can see more here.
I didn't have the internet all day yesterday so I didn't get to go blog hopping on the studio tour. I will enjoy that tonight.
I did get to browse the new sea glass book a bit. If it cools down I will finish it on the porch later. I looked through my seaglass for a blue piece to be used as a necklace. My sweet friend Elizabeth who is an amazing beader has offered to bead a cradle for a favorite piece to be worn as a necklace. You can imagine how excited I am to have a blue piece to wear. Thanks so much for the offer dear friend and congrats to your son on his graduation...whoo hoo!

While checking over the glass I realized I haven't hung my awesome mermaid hook my dear friend Freda sent me last year. I had to hang the "Sea Whispers" purse on it naturally.
The little mermaid sitting in the jar of glass is from another dear friend, Lilla.
My friends spoil me way too much and I do cherish each treasure.
I love this corner of my home because I can sit and reflect on friends, beach walks with mom and many peaceful days gone by surrounded by beauty from nature.

 (above pics) My dad as a baby and my son in pool at age 4.
(above pics) mom & dad at herb barn in MI
 (above pics) Dad in his Navy uniform, my son at beach at age 5 and mom as a little girl .

(above) My glass and treasure collection
I had better get off here and start on my border so I can relax tonight. I hope you are having a wonderful day.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely post and so nice to see all that you are sharing with the pictures and treasures. Happy creating...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pat, lovely giveaway. I am having my blogversary from now through the month of July. Come on over and put your name in the hat if you want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning purse - and the most amazing 'memories corner' I have ever seen. I just love the family photos

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Pat,

    Your little corner of treasured is so pretty & that wonderful mermaid purse is to die for,

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. The purse is exquisite, I was sitting here quite literally open mouthed when I saw it.
    And your glass collection, that just finished me off, lol, I have never ever seen that much sea glass in one place. I can't even remember the last time I found a piece of sea glass on our beach. They are few and far between here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful collection! This display looks like it came straight out of a pirate's treasure chest! xo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!