Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Making time...just gotta do it.

Dropped in to say Hi!
As most of you are aware, there is so much to do in any given day and apparently my organization skills have abandoned me. I  know I take on too many projects simply because I want to do everything. My problem is, I want to do everything NOW! Therefore I decided to regain control of my time and looked at my " mental lists",...... MUST DO...... WANT TO DO......FEEL OBLIGATED TO DO.
I cut out a few obvious things. I did enjoy ......Facebook which just took up way too much time with no true benefit. I closed my account a few days ago. It wasn't easy but I did it and so far I haven't looked back. I miss my Facebook friends, the games and updates, but it has given me time for much more.
I have been swimming daily in between house and garden projects. I've spent more time with mom. I feel calmer knowing I don't have to log on to feed my animals, build houses, cook or Island hop for treasures. It really is a burden lifted.

The temperature has been very hot and humid but the garden is loving it...so are the weeds. The last part of the sidewalk is finished and stained and my transplanting is all done until Autumn. I have done a lot of embellishing on the CQ in the evenings and will take pics soon. Life is good.

I am looking forward to CQ class this weekend with a very sweet lady I met online. I am excited to meet Hella and share crazy quilting  with her so she can create beautiful things. I didn't schedule the next class until July leaving me with June to enjoy however I wish.

I have missed blogging but I realized that I need to keep up on things around here first. It just makes sense and it really makes for a more pleasurable life. I have been smelling the roses each day and hope you have too.
Enjoy your days!

13 comments:

  1. Boy am I ever singing your song...busy back pedaling this morning on things due this month... Not that I not only set impossible goals, my body just tires out more quickly and has much less energy. Learning to "let go" is being a HUGE learning curve for me.... Good for you that you are settling on what's really important... Hugs Gerry K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been 'quiet' on line too. Sometimes we are too busy 'living' to have time to blog about it - and there is nothing wrong it that!

    Enjoy your summer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah well, you know, I took a hiatus from blogging for two months. I did blog but tried to limit it to once a month. Very hard! I recently purged my FB friend list, limiting it to family and local friends. I never played the games anyway, but I've noticed that people who get sucked into those have a hard time getting out. LOL! Habits are fine as long as you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good to hear you are well and enjoying YOUR time more. I totally agree with the Facebook addiction and how much time it wastes. I barely look at it anymore. Never did the games but still lost lots of precious time. I do enjoy my blogging however find it also takes a great deal of time I might be better off spending otherwise. :o)
    Happy creating...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pat you sound just like me and many other sites I've gone on today. Every one is taking time to them selves and renewing there souls. I noticed two other people that did face book for ever quit also. Have fun enjoying your garden! hugs, Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's great to have you back and to know you're in good health. I've always been in awe of the amount of work you get through, so you deserve a break, but please don't leave us for too long. I love to hear about your beach walks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Pat, yes, sometimes that's what we have to do. I've been limiting my online time to have more time to create. I just however, switched to DSL and now I'm so amazed with how fast things are that I'm having a hard time tearing myself away from the computer!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you to notice things were getting out of control and doing something about it. It is amazing when you step back get things back in control how good it feels. It's almost like cleaning out a closet or room you get rid of the chaos and peace enters. Glad to hear from you.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's why I NEVER started Facebook! I knew it would be another DRAIN on my time (which is precious. I LOVE the blogs so much that this is one luxury I allow myself but, you have to know when to say NO & Facebook was one of those. ENJOY your time. It's one thing you can never regain. HUGS! Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  10. IN the middle of doing the same myself. First, things first, love the background.LOL. I'm keep my facebook only to know that my military family is okay. Not a fan of facebook as I also find it pointless...of course my sis loves it but then she is active on it.

    Me, I like the blog world. This is the time of the year when we look at taking time for ourselves and I highly endorse that. A little me times goes a long way. Saw that you swim 5 days a week...this is my therepy too. I love the feel of water around me and there are no ipods, laptops, our music in the water...just the sound of me and the liquid that is hugging me. Love it. So, enjoy your time away, but drop in a few tims over the summer as we love to see what you are up to. Sea Witch

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you, Pat!! I do envy your swimmng every day- that must certainly make the heat and gardening so much more tollerable knowing that you can cool off at any time!!! Good for you for dropping FB- I refuse to get sucked into any f the games and I have cut way back on my blog hopping as well. Can't wait to see the pics of the CQ project!!! Enjoy your class this weekend!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, good for you. Computers are addicting and sometimes debilitating. Blogging even takes a LOT of time...let alone facebook! Everyone should limit their time and we will all get used to waiting for news from one another.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good for you,as far as giving up Facebook. I was just thinking I need to do that... I only go on for one thing, to play Bejeweled Blitz, but it really is a waste of time. I should blog hop and do art instead!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!