Monday, April 26, 2010

Enjoying the days

First of all, looky what I have!!!!! Yes, I am bragging! I have waited forever for the day my Wisteria would be dipping beautiful purple blooms. Alright, I'm composed now.....squeal!!!!..ok, now.
This may sound utterly ridiculous but I have found that having a light color Berber carpet has freed up many hours of housework. As some of you know I had dark green carpet and recently had the light Berber installed and it freaked me out. My dark cozy cave was now bright and open. Now I can't imagine having any other carpet. Your environment certainly does play a part in your mood. I consider myself a positive person for the most part however my home before the redecorating didn't reflect that. I now feel free, light and airy throughout the house.
The morning light from the east window every morning reflecting off the carpet just brightens my spirits. I used to vacuum every day, sometimes twice because every piece of lint or sock fuzz would appear magically throughout the day. I thought it was a phobia and even my mom questioned me about my obsession. Now its difficult to see one speck of debris anywhere and  I vacuum every other day (or so) because I know there has to be dirt somewhere however I don't HAVE to vacuum because it looks clean all the time. Anyway, all I am saying is, this carpet has allowed me more time to enjoy other things such as garden/yard work and it makes my home feel so much more cheerful. If you have been thinking of changing your dark carpeting, I encourage you to do so. If you are afraid Berber will seem too harsh for a home environment, it is just the opposite. All my fears are behind me, this carpet rocks! Thanks to DH I would have never entertained the idea of having Berber throughout the house.

Speaking of freeing up time to enjoy, I spent Saturday with my bud Laney shopping. We  found a new bead studio where we are planning to attend a few classes. I have always wanted to do copper etching and am looking forward to learning this technique so I can make my own charms. We shopped till we dropped and enjoyed a light lunch at Panera, our favorite spot. I feel we worked off any unwanted calories :-)
It was a fun day. Thanks Laney!

Sunday was my brother's birthday so I went to see him for a bit. When I got home DH needed more lumber for the front porch project so I went with him. It was a rainy day on and off so I figured it was something to do since I wasn't in the mood to stitch. The front porch is finished except for painting and the formal entrance is getting its railings this week, then the new sidewalk. I really love the cobblestone look  but it is too hard for people to walk on.The new one will require less or no maintenance so I'm all for that. The formal entrance has never had railings and is very uninviting so I am excited to see the end results and do a little landscaping. The only person who uses this entrance is the pizza guy,LOL. Everyone else comes to the back which I prefer.
After we got home I noticed the rain had beaten down many pretty petals from the flowering trees so I took a garden walk with my camera which I posted here.
 I can't believe I haven't picked up a needle all weekend. Today I am off to help mom paint her bathroom but perhaps this evening I will do a little stitching on the CQ. I better get going before I start blog hopping.
I hope you enjoy your day!

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, what a beautiful post.
    debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat, I love visiting your blog. It's so uplifting! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wisteria is gorgeous, lovely.
    Your yard is so wonderful,you must be working your fingers to the bone!! It sure pays off in beauty.
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. WoW! You certainly pack everything into a day! X:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Pat your garden is outstanding and I loved the stroll through it. I adore Wisteria and what grand blooms you have. I have a small one started and it's getting bigger everyday. I wish I would have put burber in my house it sounds so nice. Have a wonderful week, Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  6. In reading your lovely blog I can just sense your new found relaxed mode. Your home is so lovely I am pleased it is a breath of fresh air for you. Your pathway of petal looks ready for a wedding. Happy creating...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so jealous - I love Wisteria and someday will have some. I enjoy driving around trying to find Wisteria in bloom in the Spring - I think it blooms in June around here although it will probably be early this year as we had a very warm spell and everything just popped. My lilacs will be open any day now if the rain would go away. Thanks for sharing your beautiful bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wisteria is a plant that isn't supposed to grow in our area, but we had one at our old house that grew really well. We moved before it bloomed though and I often wonder if it ever did. Sure would have loved to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your Wisteria blossoms! How beautiful!! Totally understand your excitement - they are indeed cause for celebration (insert the "happy dance" here)! May you have many, many more of those magnificent blooms in the years to come :)
    Lovely cherry blossom petals as well... so pretty falling down, like tiny pink butterflies swirling to the ground. If I was a cat, I'd be rolling around in them right this minute... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your garden is lovely! I would just be happy to have some of that "green"! Beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pat, we have a light berber carpet too. It's been down for 14 years and we shampoo it yearly (sometimes twice) and it still looks great! We walk around in socks though, but still...we love it. I'd never have a dark rug again or anything but berber for wear.

    You'll be happy with it for a long time!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my - the wisteria is beautiful. I've tried to grow it several times. Makes a lovely, healthy vine, but no sign of flowers. So how long does it take?

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is Gorgeous! I too had berber carpet in our home we built and I loved it! I have wood floors in this house and just put the berber in my bedroom and up the stairs, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Pat! Your Wisteria is absolutely gorgeous!!! I don't think they would grow here in Colorado, I may have to check on that... Marva

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE YOUR WISTERIA!!! They are so pretty and take so long to become full and lovely. Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!