Thursday, March 25, 2010

Sweet surprise from a sweet friend from far away...

Yesterday I received a package from a sweet lady I have known "online" for many years. Sometimes when I am daydreaming I think of what a visit would be like with various friends that I would love to yet will probably never meet . Ati is one of those friends. She surprised me with very special treats.



 Ati crazy quilts, sews, does traditional quilting, crochets, etc. A woman of many talents. The roses above were crocheted by Ati as well as the blue doilies. also  the beautiful hanky was made by Ati, which I will carry in my purse...like my grandmother used to do. She had so many pretty hankies. I figure it is a way of "going green" because you aren't wasting paper tissues....right? Also you can "show off" your talented friends work,LOL. This one is trimmed in a pastel green and pink...perfect for Spring. Thank you so much Ati. You are so sweet and generous to me.

Last night I met with Event Coordinators who are amazing.It was great to express my ideas and hopes and have feedback . I thought I could handle organizing the 2011 Pink House Crazy Quilt Gathering until I met with these experts. They  plan details I wouldn't have considered and set me straight on many things.I can now relax and know the retreat will be a fun, memorable learning experience for all attending. It pays to ask for help when you feel overwhelmed. Something I should do more often. I am so excited to be planning this event. Excited to meet women who share my passion and want to create something special  and excited to just teach and hang out with girls, chat, eat, stitch,explore the beach, and chill out with no interruptions.
 
I worked on a few more seams today. Not much but every bit gets me closer to the finish line. Never push yourself to create. You won't like the results trust me. 
It was another cool yet sunny day so I ran errands with mom , came home and made pulled pork for DS ...even though he brought home take out after work..argh! Good thing pulled pork is better the next day,lol. I made BBQ chicken for DH and myself.

Now it is time for a small glass of wine, these new magazines I picked up today.....
 and a bubble bath.....maybe even a piece of WW chocolate??????

Tootles!

9 comments:

  1. I think I'm going to make a pretty sign for my art room with what you said. "Don't rush creating, you won't be happy with the results." How true, and I do rush things sometimes. I just started following your blog. It's going to take me a long time to go back and look at all of your pretty things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat,

    I've often thought how FUN it would be to just take a road trip and visit all the bloggers, at least in the US...How fun would THAT be?

    Thanks for sharing!
    Hugs,
    Shell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you! I love new magazines. There's something so wonderful about taking that time for yourself. I try to read my magazines first thing in the morning with a cup of coffee. Great way to start the day. ENJOY!Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your right, rushing never makes good crafts. The quilt is looking awsome. Loved that see throught flower. As usual BEAUTIFUL! Hope you enjoy the mags.
    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful package you have received. I think we should take all the time we need when creating, usually works out best. You asked me about my elements by Elena when you visited my blog. She is a digital artist and you can find her at PickleBerryPop.
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the crocehted roses are beautiful! I've thought about carrying a hanky also, I just think they're so charming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am very happy to see at the envelope made it safe and sound to your house Pat. Wishing you a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful surprise from Ati and she has a lovely blog

    Glad you have 'sorted' the Pink House retreat - no matter how organised one is - it's nice when you get a bit of input from others - especiall if they have organised things - lets you see it with 'fresh' eyes.

    have a good weekend

    night night

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ati is such a sweetheart!!! She does such amazing work and her blog is such a treat!!! I ahve decided that I must learn to crochet and I so wish that I could pop on over to her house for a lesson or two!! Please let me know if there is anything that I can help you do for the retreat- I am sure that there is a project that you could farm out to me?????
    Big Hugs!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!