Monday, March 29, 2010

Paying it forward...sort of

Through the years exploring blog land, discovering etsy and many online shops, meeting wonderful artists and making new friends, I feel it is always a fun and kind thing to "Pay it forward". I've received so many wonderful goodies and enjoy giving back as often as I can. When I discovered adorable altered vintage child images in an etsy shop named "Lisa's Altered Art", a few years ago and learned one of the images were of the creators young daughter, I just had to use it in a project for her. I never thought it would take me so long to get around to making her something but I sat down yesterday and used the little mermaid for this child's swing purse. I tried to keep it simple and sea themed as much as possible.

 Lisa, Patty's  daughter is the baby used on the mermaid. Too cute! This will be on its way in the morning. Thank you Patty for all the fun images I have enjoyed and continue to enjoy. By the way, those of you inquiring about the words I use on my Inner Child dolls....I buy them from Patty as well.

8 comments:

  1. This is so sweet Pat, what a precious gift! And I love the Pay it Forward idea. Need to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet of you to make a gift of that picture. The little purse is soooo pretty. I'm sure she will be so excited to get it. You do so many nice things for everyone.
    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a fabulous treasure this will be for Patty! Her little mermaid is so cute! Marva

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful, you are so sweet.
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great project pat!!! It looks awesome : 0

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you just treasure the friendships that you have made thru this wonderful internet technology?? We are all so enriched by these connnections!! Lisa will treasure your thoughtful and gorgeous gift!!! Pay it Forward is just the best. I ahve been to Lisa's site since your post and I ahve passed it on to friends!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a treasured piece of memory...your so sweet Pat...noting like a "RAK" in the mail to warm someones heart!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely and thoughtful. She will adore it.How are your dyed ribbons going this season?
    Sea Witch

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!