Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Couldn't wait another day

Around noon while on my hands and knees cleaning the kitchen floor I stopped, looked outside and called mom.  Why was I wasting this beautiful day cleaning when I could be at the beach? I can't wait another day or two to explore the shoreline. It has been another long Winter and I am cleaning the kitchen floor on a warm sunny day???? What's up with that?

I took Angell out to potty, grabbed a couple bottles of water, camera, ponytail clasp and off to mom's I went. She was waiting by the driveway. I see she's in no hurry either,LOL.


First I took a few pictures before heading toward the water so I could return the camera to the car. I wanted empty pockets you see. It looks chilly but it was warm and sunny with a refreshing light breeze coming off the lake.


 Lots of rocks usually means plenty of sea glass.

 It was wonderful to be walking through the sand again and onto the smoothed stones making that comforting dull crunching sound underfoot. The shore birds were singing  pretty tunes instead of their usual harsh and sometimes irritating squawk.
Mom stayed near the waters edge and I took toward the large rocky areas toward the dunes. We usually talk a bit then wander off where our thoughts and curiosity takes us. There were a lot of small driftwood but I knew I had no room for it at home so I resisted the urge to fill my jacket and focused on the glass hunt. Half way through I found what I had hoped to find....a small single piece of blue glass.

 The first beach combing of the season was complete!

We are returning on Thursday to roam the lower beach area and who knows what treasures await us?

Drop your broom, dust cloth, toilet brush and get outside if you can!!!!!!!!

16 comments:

  1. Oh Pat - how absolutely beautiful - wonderful photos - how I wish I was there with you both - but the next best thing is seeing it through your eyes through your blog - thank you so much for sharing - and spreading such joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one huge thing I miss about living in Southern Cali is the beach. We lived there as children and nothing in Oklahoma (not even one lake) can compare to the pacific seashore.

    Thank you for sharing. I felt like I was there.

    xoRebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful post, just beautiful. Love to find sea glass, it is sooooo pretty. Thank you for sharing, have a wonderful week. Terri

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are no seaside beaches near where I live or I'd be there every day. No sea glass to be found here along our river...just some broken beer bottles and THOSE I can live without!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great bunch of stuff you found. I think it would be wonderful to have a beach nearby. There's nothing like the water. It sounds like a wonderful day. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. The best part for me of your blog was the fact that you took your mother with you on the day's outing. What a joy for you to be able to both spend time together. Maureen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am always amazed at how much beach glass you find. I have no beach to comb so I love hearing your tales. You were so smart to go get mom and comb the beach instead of cleaning. Phooey on cleaning I say. Happy creating...

    ReplyDelete
  8. thx for sharing your pics! I was out running errands in South Bend & LaPorte & did enjoy the lovely weather. Had lunch with GF & headed home ... my dogs were miffed at my tardiness!!!! LOL

    Oh well, mop up a puddle or two & be done with it

    ReplyDelete
  9. GHood for you! What a beautiful post and I love collecting sea glass.
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  10. We haven't been to the beach yet but walked along the board walk to see the ice flows a couple of days ago. The beach will be our next stop. I like looking for beach glass, and shells too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what I would give to go walk on a beach and hunt for the beautiful glass that you find. Must be wonderful. And to be able to do it with your mother, that is awsome too. Enjoy it!!!! I miss my mom & dad so.
    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh you LUCKY GIRL!!!!!! If dropping the mop & bucket was all it took to run to the beach... I'd be there! I LOVE the beach & beach glass is a # ONE favorite for me. Have you seen the book Beach Glass? I saw it for sale when I was in Cambria, CA. Looked like a wonderful book. I love the nickname for beach glass - Mermaid's Tears. Isn't that sweet. Enjoy your lovely times at the beach I sooooooooooooo envy you. Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Pat, what lovely treasures you always find! And you're inspiring me to do another Seascape Project! As soon as I finish up my Crazy Garden Quilt!

    I've been down to my lake looking for sea glass but no luck yet. I could go down to the river and try there sometime too.

    How nice to read about your time with your mom. I too enjoy time with my mother. We have so much in common and love the same things!

    Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OK Pat! I'll just tell DH that you made me do it! Lol great finds and wonderful pictures. Lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice photos, Pat. Carpe diem; I so agree!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh your beach looks fabulous!!! My "beach" is a trail behind my mom's house in Kansas that that goes through what used to be the town dump, years and years ago. Sometimes we even find bottles that aren't broken! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!