Monday, March 08, 2010

A bit too early for the beach????????????????

Saturday was beautiful. In fact DH took the bike out for spin. It was supposed to be nice yesterday as well but it didn't quite make it. With good intentions, I had the great idea to grab mom and check out our beach. 

What do you think? Look closely at the two crazies sitting on the frozen sand blown wave. Brrrrrrrrrrrr. That is where the water usually is, not beach.


Time for a beach stroll?
 I think NOT!
Today is beautiful though. I walked through the mushy garden anticipating the first dig. I have so many plans to rearrange most of the plantings. It's time for a garden redo I think. I just hope my energy stays with me LOL!
I popped a roaster in the oven about 30 minutes ago so the house is smelling pretty yummy. I whipped up a simple treat for the guys.....enjoyed in small servings this is refreshing otherwise it is too sweet for me.
Easy whipped dessert
8 oz container of cool whip
1 can crushed pineapple in it's own juice (drained)
1 can condensed milk
1 can cherry pie filling
chopped pecans (opt)
Blend and spoon into container with lid and refrigerate. Makes a ton, enough to share with a neighbor!

Last night I stitched and took pics as I finished each section. Where are the pics this morning? Who knows! Its as if they didn't exist?????????????? I will try again tonight. Right now I am going back to the CQ. I'm hoping by garden time it will be just a memory.
Enjoy your day!



3 comments:

  1. It's never to early for the beach. Sea Witch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh we had a lovely sunny day yesterday and today it is dark, dreary, raining and snowing. Go figure that Winter just can't go yet. Getting some projects caught up though and that feels super good. Shipped off some comfort dolls to Brenda and posted about the project hoping others will donate. Thank you Pat for being the founder of Comfort Dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pat, thanks for the recipe. I'm going to give it a whirl. Just have to pick up what I need at the grocery store.

    I really enjoy your beach photos.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!